Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovan Lower Body Prep and Coating
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Lower Body Prep and Coating Reply with quote

Thanks.
junker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Lower Body Prep and Coating Reply with quote

The best advice is to do a very good job on the prep and talk to them about how the shop plans to do the work. Also, and most shops don't do this, follow the coating manufactures recommendation and use their system if they have one ie. bare metal prep, primer and top coat. If you are going to write a spec, which is not a bad idea, the simplest way is to talk with the coating manufacture and get there application recommendations.
SPL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Eurovan Lower Body Prep and Coating Reply with quote

I am a new member and purchased a 2002 EuroVan Weekender pop-top in March of 2017. It has 123,000 miles or so and is generally in very good shape.

I am taking it to my body shop this week for a thorough inspection. I would like to get the bottom six inches or so coated very similar to what GoWesty used to offer when they worked on vans. I want to do all I can to prevent any rust on the body.

Does anyone have somewhat detailed instructions that I could give to my body shop? I am assuming that the material is similar to truck bedliner. Thanks for any help.

Best, -Sean
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: