Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jump Seat
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustednuggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Jump Seat Reply with quote

Hello - I am looking for a jump seat and how they install into a 1980 Vanagon? If all at all possible? I was just told about these a few days ago. We have five in our family, so I need to add another seat or another seatbelt.

Appreciate it in advance!
Rustednuggs
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Jump Seat Reply with quote

Here is a search with a bunch of info on jump seats. You would have to source a used one. They do require some welding to install properly and require a mounting bracket, don't forget the bracket!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc...=titleonly
rustednuggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Jump Seat Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and link. Is a jump seat the special mounting bracket, with just a front seat from a vanagon, or is it a "special" size seat or something?

Thanks
Rustednuggs
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OddN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Jump Seat Reply with quote

rustednuggs wrote:
Thanks for the reply and link. Is a jump seat the special mounting bracket, with just a front seat from a vanagon, or is it a "special" size seat or something?

Thanks
Rustednuggs

It is a special seat that shares some parts (like the seat back) with the front seats.

So if you get a jump seat with torn fabric, you could replace the back with a front seat back without too much trouble. So you can then have a jump seat with arm rests if you want.

Also the seat bottom has a somewhat similar size as the front seat. The front seat bottom is a little wider but fits in the frame of the jump seat as long as you use both foam an fabric from the same seat.
rustednuggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Jump Seat Reply with quote

Thanks that helps, because the forums are all over the place. A Carot and or a jump seat.

So I have an 80 vanagon with a complete parts vanagon with seats. Sounds like I can use that but the seats are in great shape. Looks like I need the mounting bracket.

TY
Rustednuggs
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: