Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Diesel: identify unused wiring connector
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Diesel: identify unused wiring connector Reply with quote

My ‘83 diesel has a spare wiring socket coming out of a large bundle behind the instrument cluster. Wires are blue and green/blue, I think, the striped one is a little blurry, it may be “light green” as indicated on the diagram color panel. Does anyone know what these wires were for and where they go?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I've looked over the wiring diagram and nothing specific pops out. It does show a blue/green wire coming out the glow plug indicator light, another on the turn signal light, and another on the coolant low level relay.

The only blue wire I can find comes out the alternator warning light.

All systems on my van work normally. These are extra wires I'd like to repurpose for something else, if I can figure out where they go.

Thanks.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Diesel: identify unused wiring connector Reply with quote

Searched Google and may have found a clue that its an OXS light wire from under the van in a gas model. The socket in this picture looks like the culprit:

Guy has labeled the socket “To OXS box under van”. Discussion here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=597883

Another picture of the offending wire clearly showing blue/green:

I don't have a gasser wiring diagram. Any insights or advice?
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Diesel: identify unused wiring connector Reply with quote

I think the answer lies on page 97.56 of the Bentley diagrams.

Look at current tracks 27 and 28 for connector T2C

Too bad this detail wasn't on your diagram. Sometimes they include unused wires, sometimes not.

Edit: as above.

Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Diesel: identify unused wiring connector Reply with quote

No such unused wires appear on my diesel diagram. But I see it now on a gasser diagram, a blue/green wire goes from the “Oxygen sensor elapsed mileage switch” to the “Oxygen sensor elapsed mileage indicator light”.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: