Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

RS Fab "Thought this would be interesting"
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bassyaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: RS Fab "Thought this would be interesting" Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154433611260033/permalink/1386319521404763/

FOUND THIS ON FACEBOOK

Good evening ladies and gentlemen.
First of all, I would like to thank all who support RS Fab by purchasing our products. I am posting this to get some feedback, both good & bad. I would like to give a little history lesson to those who haven't been here since the start of RS Fab, a pet project that has turned into something much more.
When I first envisioned RS Fab, I was going through a tough divorce, living in a different state, starting a new life with an old friend. Oddly enough, we were both going through a lot of the same things. I was in a position new to me. Being an avid Volkswagen fan my whole life, owning a '79 Rabbit, '05 Gti, '63 Kombi and for a brief time a '63 Type III Squareback. I had two children from my previous marriage, a baby in the future and two more from my new girlfriend. We needed more space and set out to get something a little more modern than my Splitte, and more importantly, safer. “I found a Vanagon in Austin,” I told my girlfriend. I packed some tools and parts, hopped a Greyhound, and showed up on the gentleman's porch 16 hours later and purchased it. A little parking lot mechanics, and I was on the road, drove 5 hours back to Broussard, LA. It was a whole new platform to tinker with. Throughout my whole life, my father and I worked together on my vehicles; always redesigning things and manufacturing parts to make things a little better. We had developed a new shifter which I really enjoyed, shared some photos; next thing you know, Bam! I have a company. When I started the company, I worked at an electric forklift company based out of Addison, TX, called Malin. I was a mobile mechanic working out of my home, and drove all over the upper half of Louisiana north of I-10. This lead to a lot of windshield time and time to think. During this time in my life, I had a lot of time to ponder and exercise/make my projects come to reality.
Fast track to 2017, I've moved back to Arizona and went back to my previous job at Otis Elevator. I have a large family now, less time because of work requirements. The business has grown, more than I had ever expected. Now I have found myself in an unfamiliar situation. Sales on shifters and other odds & ends has allowed the business to grow. But how much more? Over the last couple of months, I seem to be getting farther behind. I had to step back and see what was happening. This is what I found: with the demands from my new job back in Arizona, with all the new opportunites with my children as they grow... Wow, it's become difficult to continue my more than full time job, side business and a healthy family life. What do I do? How do I divvy up my time so my passion for Volkswagens doesn't take time away from the other important things? Do I slow down at RS Fab, allowing more time for my family or be more successful at my job? Do I need to put some more of my eggs into the RS Fab basket? Keep pushing hard, complete more products so that some day I have more freedom to take a couple hours off in the middle of the day to take my children to lunch during school? Do I start throwing out the idea of Subaru conversions, done to the level I can appreciate? Or do I sell my products to distributors so the can handle the feedback from & offer a better experience for the customer? The whole purpose of this post was to get some feedback from the community which started this amazing trip. I know I'm going to get some flack from the ones still waiting on linkage rod kits I promised would be out almost a year ago... or people still waiting on black knobs for shifters in which my supplier is having import issues. That is what these groups really excel at, ideas! Comment if you have any. Thank you again for your time; this has been a lengthy post.
Your friend,
Ray Miller [email protected]

Last edited by Bassyaks on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: RS Fab "Thought this would be interesting" Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=645384

Hi Ray, I ordered a shifter a few weeks ago. Looking forward to it!

Plenty of honest feedback in that thread.

Whatever you do, don't give up before my order ships out!

EDIT - WAIT WAIT WAIT, you're not Ray, are you?

Really confusing thing just did there Bassy
Bassyaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: RS Fab "Thought this would be interesting" Reply with quote

Corrected it, This was on a Facebook site today.
Phaedrus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: RS Fab "Thought this would be interesting" Reply with quote

This was posted a couple of months ago. There's already another thread addressing it.
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: RS Fab "Thought this would be interesting" Reply with quote

Already posted back in August to the ongoing RS Fab topic: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8518486#8518486 .
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: