Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EISparts.com - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: eisparts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 16, 2020
DoubleODude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: EISparts.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a replacement panel for my floor in my bus from them. On there website it shows the panel is for a 68-79 It came in I cut my floor cut the panel to fit it and it was not even close. I called the company and told them and they said they would call back. I waited two hours called again and Sean the owner picked up. I told him the problem the panel even says 68-72 on it and he said he's been selling them for 10 years with no problems. He offered to take it back until he found it was cut. I told him I ordered from the description on his web page and until I cut it you couldn't even lay it in there to see it wasn't right. I paid $88 dollars with shipping that was going to be the first panel of about 2 grand I was going to spend. The dudes a tool. I'm planning on unleashing a few of my attorneys on him. Here in Texas we treat a customer or say another man with respect. He's in the wrong and he know that panel doesn't fit if he's be peddling them for 10 years.I just want everyone to know buyer beware. This dude has no idea how much money he had coming his way. Ive have to rebuild everything on this bus and he don't have the back bone to do the right thing and refund money to someone who he ripped off.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by DoubleODude on Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware of EISparts.com Reply with quote

I have had nothing but good luck with Sean at EIS. Of course I have never tried to return an item I damaged to him. Were it me I would call the manufacturer http://www.klokkerholmusa.com/ 1-800-992-1064. It isn't Sean's fault you failed to test fit the piece before cutting it. Maybe they had a bad batch or mislabeled parts.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware of EISparts.com Reply with quote

Well, since your ordered a Klokkerholm part I'm guessing you may be new to VW metal repair. That companies metal parts are known to be the bottom of the barrel in quality, fit and thickness. Most VW panels changers avoid those parts at all costs.

You need to look up Klassicfab or Autocraft. They are the best metal panel producers out there for VW's.

Also, I'm not aware of any company that would take back a part that you cut up. I think you're asking a lot there. You're going to get lawyers involved over $88 dollars? It maybe better for a learning lesson since we've all bought a POS part, tried to make it work then threw it in the garbage. Wink

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware of EISparts.com [email protected] Reply with quote

had you not cut it.. they would be obligated to take back. Do not blame them for you cutting it.. I have been a mechanic my whole life.. and yes you will get parts that do not fit or are wrong all together.. its part of game.. and leaving them bad feedback.. will only hurt you in long run as people will not want to sell you parts..
Just my 2cent take it for what its worth..
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: EISparts.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

1) there is already a feedback thread for EIS here: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=223781&highlight=eis

2) first flag should have been when you see the 68-72 sticker. That is blatant and would have caused me to break out a measuring device in lieu of being able to lay the panel in place.

3) Looks like you are working on a late baywindow, welcome to the club. The $88 dollar lesson you are learning (no lawyer is going to get that money back for you, sorry) is that you REALLY need to research who is selling/making the best parts. I have bought plenty of high quality parts from EIS, even OEM VW stuff. However like many big box vendors, they sell aftermarket crap right along side it. In the baywindow forum there is a whole, very long thread on body panels. Even without reading it a small amount of research would tell you all you need to know about Klokkerholm panels. They can be made to work and are all that's available for many parts but if you can find a way around using them that is the best route to go.

In addition to the other suggestions I would add to look at AH Schofield for metal as well, they are out of the UK but make and sell some of the best panels out there.
Good luck

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
DoubleODude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: EISparts.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

Guys I have cooled down at this point. My biggest problem is the panel was way to long to test fit until it was cut. If you look at the advertisement it clearly says it is a proper fit for my year model. I had no idea this brand of panel was bottom of the barrel when I ordered it which I agree was my lack of research.I have to keep attorneys on retainer for my company so I just felt out of principal I wanted to raise a little hell with these guys. Which now that I've cooled down really doesn't make good since over 88 bucks. Ive decided at this point to just buy all the equipment needed to form my own panels. I like gathering tools anyway. I messed with VW's since the 80's and have owned around 30 air-cooled. I find it relaxing to work with my hands since 90 percent of the time I make my living on a computer. Sorry you guys had to witness my rant. I'm still not happy that the part was misrepresented on the website and I was told that they have sold the part of a decade and never had a complaint. Which I have to call BS. But its a lesson learned and I have very little free time so at this point Im moving on.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: EISparts.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

DoubleODude wrote:
I'm still not happy that the part was misrepresented on the website and I was told that they have sold the part of a decade and never had a complaint.

Welcome to the wild, wild world of buying 'new' VW parts. I'd say 90% of the parts listed on any VW vendors website are mis- represented. Most are simply poorly made parts of inferior quality that don't fit or last. Understand that the vast majority of VW owners are cheapskates and won't pay for the parts to be made correctly. So, we are stuck with having to invest lots of time investigating what is the LEAST crappiest option when buying new VW parts these days.

And, until everyone starts holding these vendors accountable by sending back the crappy parts they are knowingly selling for credit, it will continue to go on. I know I'm guilty of simply going "shit, I knew better than to buy this" and pitching it in the garbage vs. taking the time to return it.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: