Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help need to achieve pictured stance
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rezbug32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Help need to achieve pictured stance Reply with quote

I am one 100% new to beetles and just started my reading but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet if someone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
I just recently purchased a 68 Beetle and I'm not sure what all needs to be done to achieve the stance of the car pictured below. As far as what I'm shooting for with my car is just the stance from this photo. I'm horrible with tire/rim sizes and what not. What all needs to be done with suspension? Sorry for the newbie question. I'm not even 100% I'm putting this in the correct section.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
luftkuhlers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Help need to achieve pictured stance Reply with quote

welcome to samba and congratulations for your new beetle..

i remember that issue. it has 8x18 and 9x18 rims with 4 and 6 inch widened carbon fenders and a heavy modified suspension for being able to handle the 500hp engine.
pondervwmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Help need to achieve pictured stance Reply with quote

As far as the suspension is concerned you will have to lower the front and rear.

For the front you can use an adjustable beam, drop spindles or both . You will also need to consider narrowing the front beam. I do not know if this is needed in your scenario but a lot of people do it. I would add disc brakes while I was at it.
In rear you will need to re index the spring plates. I would estimate one click or notch. This sounds easy but its a PITA.

Welcome to the Samba!
1997 Jeep Cherokee
2127cc build thread https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=681556&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: