Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oval heater tube clamp
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfbus23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Oval heater tube clamp Reply with quote

So I see that they are selling the oval heater tubes (in fact I purchased one), but no one seems to be selling the clamp for them. Any clamping suggestions for this part?
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Oval heater tube clamp Reply with quote

Something like this and a bit of custom fitting.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Oval heater tube clamp Reply with quote

surfbus23 wrote:
So I see that they are selling the oval heater tubes (in fact I purchased one), but no one seems to be selling the clamp for them. Any clamping suggestions for this part?

Not familiar with the oval heater tubes.
Where do they go?
What year is your bus?
Thank you
Tcash
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Oval heater tube clamp Reply with quote

Are you talking about the tin oval one end tin tube coming from the heater box to the assist fan? it gets no clamp, just a machine scre and the cardboard tube just slips on wo a clamp- you will damage the assist fan if clamped to hard.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Oval heater tube clamp Reply with quote

Ah
This hose
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC-211-261-236-A

thnx jersey: #11 hose, #13 211 261 243 warm air clip

#13 N 024 522 3 clip
https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/hose-clamp-60-80mm.html
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Oval heater tube clamp Reply with quote

used. Contact Ken Madsen and have him watch for one. Or you can find a thin one that is round and squeeze it oval.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Oval heater tube clamp Reply with quote

I was thinking that he is talking about the oval riser pipes that go between the heat exchangers and the flapper valves on certain FI'd engines.
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Oval heater tube clamp Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
I was thinking that he is talking about the oval riser pipes that go between the heat exchangers and the flapper valves on certain FI'd engines.

X2- I"ve only ever seen that kind not the all cardboard one. the ones that go to the heater blower on the roof of the engine bay. ?? Learn something new everyday- now If I can only remember it.

a pic of what you have would be nice.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Oval heater tube clamp Reply with quote

williamM wrote:
Wildthings wrote:

X2- I"ve only ever seen that kind not the all cardboard one. the ones that go to the heater blower on the roof of the engine bay. ?? Learn something new everyday- now If I can only remember it.

a pic of what you have would be nice.

Notice the oval outlets on the front end of the heat exchangers (the front is towards the bottom of this picture).

Not sure if this one is round or oval, but you can see the clamp

williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Oval heater tube clamp Reply with quote

I think T$ has the one he's talking about- we always just slit a round one and made it fit- but that molded one looks great- and 10$. and as the microfiche shows- there was a tin stamped piece that ended in a round tube also.(9a).

Embarassed Pictures- I just love em-- those from wild-go to the heater valves controlled by the dash levers and there is no paper tubing going there- Most mechanics push those off (the valves) and leave them with the hanging by the control cable-when removing an engine. your 78 may have the valves with the heat dump tubes - which diverted the waste heat (when the heat was turned off up front) along side the valve covers and out behind the rear wheel.

There were back flow flapper valves under small covers at the back of the heat exchangers-

Don't step in any!
surfbus23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Oval heater tube clamp Reply with quote

Didn't realize this topic had gathered traction. Normally get e-mail notifications.

TCash was right on about the one I'm talking about. I guess for now I'll just fashion one. I just so like having the actual part. It makes me happier. At this point I've got most of them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: