Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hurricane Irma and Florida
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Just hung up from Greg, all is well, no house flooding but also no Electric service to his home.

He thanks everyone for their concern!

Dave

Good news. That's a relief. Now I can get through the day a bit more at ease.

Hang in there Greg. Life will return to normal....... Someday!

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

Well I am 15 miles from the coast near St Augustine and lost power Sat midnight.Woke up to knee deep water in yard and enough in the garage to require an exhaust drop,oil change,tranny, and pulling out all pads and carpet from my Bug. Camper and 5 other vehicles ok but I was almost in tears as water rose to 4" of flooding some of those
Now its receding but I dont expect power for a week plus..The Sunshine State!Im sure others even in Jacksonville got worse!!I suppose I can call Hagerty for something.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

yikes that sucks, big time. getter done and hope the power comes back on sooner than later. I think the longest we were ever out of power was 12 days, it sucks. we only lost power this time a few times for short periods., gladd to head jetboat is doing good., I guess this is the price we pay for living in paradize....
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

15 million still without electric, and its a little warm there.
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

Was silly enuff to go to town today.. no gas. No ice .just went to Ace and got crap to save my shit from rusting or corroding.Still hoping to see water recede to normal before Jose rains onus
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

As Hurricane Irma lashed Florida with heavy winds and rain, TV stations captured groups of people breaking into stores.

Footage from WPLG Local 10 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, shows multiple people breaking through the front window Simon's Sportswear, entering the store and walking out with various items.

According to WPLG Local 10, the looters had also broken into other stores in the nearby area, including Footlocker and CashAmerica Pawn Store.

The Fort Lauderdale police department later arrested 9 people related to the incident.

"Going to prison over a pair of sneakers is a fairly bad life choice. Stay home and look after your loved ones and be thankful they are all safe," Fort Lauderdale police chief Rick Maglione wrote on Twitter.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

Day five with no power, got the generator running the refrigerators and powering up cell phones and ipads/laptops. No tv. We made out pretty good here, drove down to Miami yesterday and they were hit pretty hard, many roads blocked by trees and massive power outs. All in all still not bad. I have not seen or heard pics or stories of the Naples, Tampa/St. Pete area. I know they were impacted far far worse than us here on the east side. Best of luck to those who got the worst.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
Day five with no power, got the generator running the refrigerators and powering up cell phones and ipads/laptops. No tv. We made out pretty good here, drove down to Miami yesterday and they were hit pretty hard, many roads blocked by trees and massive power outs. All in all still not bad. I have not seen or heard pics or stories of the Naples, Tampa/St. Pete area. I know they were impacted far far worse than us here on the east side. Best of luck to those who got the worst.

After seeing the news stories coming out of Florida, I do hope that your generator is OUTSIDE the house. Shocked

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
babysnakes wrote:

After seeing the news stories coming out of Florida, I do hope that your generator is OUTSIDE the house. Shocked

Why? I keep one in every bedroom. Rolling Eyes I have weathered many a storm in my 45 years in Fl. Thanks for the concern, but we got ours under control. And if it's not folks in the south recovering from the storm or someone up north snowed in with out electric with a generator in the garage. There will always be people sitting in Darwins waiting room.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
There will always be people sitting in Darwins waiting room.

Laughing dude....I think I pee'd a little...well done Applause

glad you're ok!

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

8 patients found dead in a Florida Nursing Home.

You may remember I said you have to evacuate the frail and elderly when they showed a picture of nursing home patients in Houston up to their waist in water at a nursing home.

Dammit.....everyone involved at that nursing home should go straight to jail.

No excuses.

And the nursing home was right across the street from a major medical center.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fabricator john
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

there is a criminal investigation ongoing , heads will roll,, you dont fk with the aarp bunch here in fla fabricator john
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

from what "they" reported hear was that place was never put on "the list" so..it may of been more than just the nursing home getten nailed for this tragedy. they reported they were all heart issues. well no shit their hearts were broken when everybody forgot them .
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

Don't ever let your loved ones put you in a nursing home.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

Why were the postings about looters deleted and not the ones about old people?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

kawfee wrote:

Because no one suggested that the old folks should be shot. The "caretakers" on the other hand...

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
kawfee wrote:

Because no one suggested that the old folks should be shot. The "caretakers" on the other hand...

I thought they were talking about looters. I didn't realize the old people were looting. Or was it the caretakers looting the old people?

Those nursing homes, especially in Texas, are absolutely horrible. The last issue I read about them is that they didn't want to deal with excited old people so they would feed them drugs meant for the mentally ill. You'd come in and see gramdma and grandpa titled sideways and drooling out of the mouth. Institutions you pay for are doing this to your loved ones.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

And while nursing homes/personal care homes/assisted living have most of the responsibility, the family has an obligation to look after their loved ones....at least in my mind.

While some of the elderly don't have someone outside of the facility to look after them, some do. Shame on them too.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
And while nursing homes/personal care homes/assisted living have most of the responsibility, the family has an obligation to look after their loved ones....at least in my mind.

While some of the elderly don't have someone outside of the facility to look after them, some do. Shame on them too.

I agree with you but not everyone will.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irma and Florida Reply with quote

kawfee wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:

I agree with you but not everyone will.

For what the nursing home operators are charging the government, the estates & the relatives, they have assumed full responsibility for ensuring the welfare of the individuals in their care. The reason that the individuals are in these facilities is that, for whatever reason, no one else can provide their care. Family that is not in the immediate vicinity can not get into the state, much less the facilities.

Last edited by TDCTDI on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: