Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Early split wiper arm differences?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telephunken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Early split wiper arm differences? Reply with quote

Hey all, I have noticed some differences Im trying to get clarification on regarding the early split wipers with the round style shafts. I have attached pics below, some are pics from the classifieds, so excuse me if i borrowed from anyone here;
1. Attachment point to blade: The first three pics are my wiper arms that were given to me with my 47 beetle. The blade end has a screw instead of a rivet which ive seen on others; It also has no "depression" in the flat attachment part; Then instead of a rivet where it attaches to the blade, it has a very small pointy pin. Both arms arms are exactly the same.
2. Bent and straight shafts: I have seen some round arms with slight bend at the blade end, and then another slight "crook" on the base end; Others, (Last pic below) are completely straight with no bends at all. why? type 2?
3. Base Markings: Last, the one base I have has NO markings (pic#3)on the underside such as "SWF" etc., most others(pic#4) have seen have the SWF, otherwise they are identical....

Any education on this would be greatly appreciated.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: early split wiper arm differences?? Reply with quote

The one on the wood deck looks homemade.
sweden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: early split wiper arm differences?? Reply with quote

The straight model on your last pictures i to Bus from what i know.
I have some of that model.

Not sure if your from -47 shall be the same as 48-54?

Mine 48-54 is not original but old new aftermarket.

I also have this aftermarket only the blade, sorry bad pictures but all i have.

Best regards Patrik
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: