Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagons and Essen trailers
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

Should they mix? I have a 1980 Westfalia, and I have an offer on my plate to get a 1980 westfalia essen trailer and trailer hitch also from 1980. It's period correct, and I see ZERO pictures anywhere of anyone who has done this combo.

Anyone else seen someone match these two up? Anybody have a picture? Thinking it could be quite the cool combination! Great place to put my side tent Laughing

Here's my van, for those who haven't seen it! I'll try and snag a pic of the trailer I'm talking about.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
termuehlen Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

Yes! You definitely need to get the Essen. Here is a picture from the Samba Gallery.

Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

That is an adorable little trailer!! Very Happy
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

I thought I've seen one of those trailers in the classifieds recently...??? Cute!

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

Seen plenty, had my hands on a few helping a buddy move about 12 of them, now ones coming my way. No practical reason, just the matching year for the heck of a stock accessory more then anything. Gonna try and find a 80 side tent too. Should be a fun task! That way I can store something in the trailer Laughing

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

And there it is...the very first picture of this ever taking place...

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

206-841-7324
[email protected]
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

That's cool!

Any plans to paint the trailer to match the van or would that be a faux pas like refinishing an antique wooden dresser?
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

You're selling the bus and essen trailer? (I thought those pictures looked familiar):

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/1980-westfalia-volkswagen/6622692067.html

Do you have another Vanagon? Or you moving onto another platform?

-Dana
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

Nice Split window Bay bus...

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

Yep, trying to sell everything. Looking like the vans getting the new engine and I’ll be making a trip up to Alaska possibly in the mid August timeframe...keep an eye out for the trip thread!

206-841-7324
[email protected]
alaskadan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

Give about when you get up this way. Got a spot in the driveway and a cold beer.
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons and Essen trailers Reply with quote

alaskadan wrote:
Give about when you get up this way. Got a spot in the driveway and a cold beer.

Much appreciated! I’ll make a special trip thread for it if and when it happens, and that will likely include absolutely as many VW stops as possible, both to relax, wrench, or deliver parts...hint hint...(anyone need some bumpers or heavy items brought in from the mainland? Wink )

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: