Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thing shop bikini top
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KD90815
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Thing shop bikini top Reply with quote

I recently oedered and received a TTS bikini top for my '74. I think the product is of good quality but for $400 you would think that the instructions would be at least a little useful. It came with incomplete photo instructions and a DVD that showed instructions for installing a convertible top and not a bikini top. It was also missing pins and nylon washers. I left message with TTS but of course no return call. Come on TTS, you are not cheap and im sure youre making a good profit....put a little effort into sending out a complete kit and useful instructions. Anyone else have similar experiences with TTS? I also ordered a premium Thing car cover which was also a well made product. Get it together TTS!
limon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing shop bikini top Reply with quote

Call them back...

I had some questions when I bought a trailer hitch and was able to talk with two or three people about my problem. All were very knowledgeable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cousineddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing shop bikini top Reply with quote

I ordered a bikini top from them a couple months ago,it is a very nice piece, went from the box to installed on the car in less than 20 minutes. The lady was super helpful on the phone when I ordered it and made it clear that I needed to order the retaining clips and the the nylon washers. I have nothing but good to say about my experience and the quality of their stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cecil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing shop bikini top Reply with quote

I get bunched in with the "treated like crap" group. Had a simple fitment concern with my top and was blown off when I called. Next purchase will be from Things for the Thing.
KD90815
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing shop bikini top Reply with quote

Yeah, I spent around $800 at TTS for a bikini top and car cover. The instructuons provided were useless although I figured it out. The could also provide a complete kit for that price. Washers and retaining clips are inexpensive but a real pain in the ass to have to run out and buy them....they should be included for the price they charge. I will compliment them on the quality of their product but if a competitor has the same items ill buy elsewhere. I would even buy elsewhere at a more expensive price if the customer service was there. TTS, you're blowing it!
FV195
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Thing shop bikini top Reply with quote

I be never spent the money on a TTS biniki top, though I have had two custom made for different things, use roll bar as support. For the cost of one of their tops, you could get a roll bar and biniki top made.
I myself have never had any problems with them, always been treated good!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: