Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

Help! I just completed a GLS to Weekender convrrsion and have a problem. My MV rear seat/bed pulls out fine but doesn't stop and keeps sliding forward until it comes out of the tracks . I can see there is some type of latch on both sides but they aren't spring loaded and don't catch the limit notches so they don't stop the seat. SO, if looks like I am missing the springs that make these latches work! Does anyone have as picture of this latch so I can see what I am missing. Thanks!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

What year are we on?

I can grab a pic from my 2002 if that will help

Guidance please
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

It's a 2001 seat
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

Probably the same - let me know where you need pic - or take one and I can duplicate
mkscott2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

Is this it? Need a different angle? Don't mind the plastic snake... he was just hanging out when I went to take the pic.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

That is the latch which holds the seat in the seating position. The latch I am looking for is at the end of the pull out track when the assy is pulled out to the bed position!. Thanks and I like the snake!
mkscott2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

Ah! Well, without taking mine apart, here is the best shot I could get. I hope this helps. I'm sure someone on here has had theirs apart and can shed more light if needed.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

That's what I need. Mine are missing. Now I know what to look for. Thanks!
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

Some input on this seat in general for anyone who might find it useful, stating the "obvious but often overlooked": if the rear seat in your van is difficult to pull out, a few shots of silicone spray in the slides makes a world of difference.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

Yes, seat was very difficult to slide until I sprayed silicone on the rails. Very easy now!
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

Help! I am still looking for 2 of those springs that Mkscott2 took a picture of to keep my seat/bed from sliding out too far and coming out of the tracks. Anyone have 2???
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with MV/Weekender rear seat not stopping when pulled out Reply with quote

Is all you are needing just the springs themselves, or is some other part of the latch missing? If it's just the springs, it looks like a fairly standard torsion spring. Maybe just buy a few "best guess"-sized ones online, and/or a variety pack? Unfortunately, my bench seat is not nearby so I can't help much on specifics of size or installation, but hopefully the latter is not too involved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: