Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Collecting parts for a 2332
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

jason wrote:
If you dont want to do the tin, you really dont want to do the fuel line.

hahahaha. especially to do it the slick way and run it through the tunnel...
But, I've seen LOTS of people run it right down the underside of the floorpan, you can tuck it up into the recess where the outer pan bolts hide.

Seriously, if you have cleaned the tank, and put a new screen in, you really only need one filter. If the tank is unknown or full of rust and barnacles, I stick a large filter up at the front.
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

esde wrote:
jason wrote:
If you dont want to do the tin, you really dont want to do the fuel line.

hahahaha. especially to do it the slick way and run it through the tunnel...
But, I've seen LOTS of people run it right down the underside of the floorpan, you can tuck it up into the recess where the outer pan bolts hide.

Seriously, if you have cleaned the tank, and put a new screen in, you really only need one filter. If the tank is unknown or full of rust and barnacles, I stick a large filter up at the front.

New tank that has been thoroughly cleaned. Thoroughly.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
Total seal 2nd ring, rest are Grants
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
Steve Long XR310 on a 106
CB 1.4 rockers
CB Magnaspark 2 distributor
NGK D7ea plugs
A1 lowdown 1 3/4 with single muffler
Dellorto 48's with 40 venturies
Kennedy Stage 2 with Daiken disc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

If you do it down the tunnel, tin is definitely easier. Neither is really hard, just more things to slow you down doing the fuel line. I work slow and it took me a few hours to run my fuel lines. I had the shifter, ebrake and everything else off of the pan. Including the body. Tin would take 10-15 minutes to bend and few more minutes to weld.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

I think it would be nice to solder barbs on the stock tunnel fuel line so you can us AMERICAN sizes. These days I do that a lot, it's fun with the right tools.

If I had to choose between clamping down gates or goodyear 1/4 onto it with a lot of overlap and two clamps(just to b sure..), OR STRETCHING 3/16 over it, or special ordering some sketchy metric hose, I'd take the 1/4 & two clamps.

I HAVE one of those sketchy clear fuel filters in my trunk(that's where the pump is) and it's been in there REALLY long time, in fact it's sagged into a bit of a bananna shape, looks like it will break if I touch it, but it hasn't yet. Better than another plastic one I had before that where the glue holding the filter in place melted and then the filter was rattling around in there loose. There's a reason to have multiple filters. Or one or two good ones. What was the point? Could be worse. At least they do work.

There SHOULD BE a coarse screen in the tank, medium screens directly before the fuel pump and at the carburetors. Normally these are built-in to the fuel pump and carburetors, BUT if they are not there then I would add additional filters nearby in-line.
HotStreetVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

running a fuel line through the tunnel with the body on will be a pain in the ass.

I ran mine with the body off and it was still a PITA. Two 1/2" aluminum lines. I used 90 degree bulkhead fittings at the pan head. Notched the area next to the shift bushing at the torsion housing, opposite side to the clutch cable and accelerator cable. Inspection window at the pedal assembly and shifter and one towards the rear. Flared one end of the tube and ran the line through the inspection cover between the beam tubes, fastened that end to the bulk head fitting at the front of the car. Same for second line. Cut the lines at the rear and flared them, then seam sealed to the torsion housing area.

One aeromotive 100um fuel filter before the pump. When I switch to EFI I'll add a second 40um after the pump.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

I did 2 3/8 Stainless. I pulled the original out and slid the new ones under the stock tabs in front. Towards the rear I split them apart and went to each frame horn. Stainless is a bitch to bend with your hand inside the pan. Luckily I have skinny arms.
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

jason wrote:
I did 2 3/8 Stainless. I pulled the original out and slid the new ones under the stock tabs in front. Towards the rear I split them apart and went to each frame horn. Stainless is a bitch to bend with your hand inside the pan. Luckily I have skinny arms.

I did similar. Except both mine go through the bulkhead and exit the same frame horn through separate grommets. Flared -AN fittings on the ends.
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

I pushed my new line all the way out the front by keeping it extra long when I shoved it in through the back opposite side as the stock line.
That shelving rack metal was a guide to get the tube to come out the front where I couldn't get my fat hands in there to grab it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I wrapped most of the fuel line with that spiral wire harness wrap to protect it from wear.

I then took a tubing bender and put a bend in it then cut it just short enough for the bend to go back through the front hole in the tunnel.

Drilled an oversize hole out the front, right side and pushed the tubing through and then added a grommet to protect the line.
The short piece of hose and regular clamp just act as a holder to keep the tubing from slipping back into the tunnel.

Some FI hose and FI clamps finish it all off nicely.

5/16ths line is what I used and it will work for most systems. It even matched the banjo connectors on my FI Filter.
I use the stock line for a return.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paul.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Probably a good idea to put a flow and return system in there while your at it.
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Quick question about jetting guys. I just looked at the Dell 48 jets .....didn't measure so I'm not 100% sure. 70 idles...155 mains....200 airs. 37 venturis. Jetting in my 45's for the 2276 are 59 idles 165 mains 200 airs 38mm venturis. I would think the jetting in the 48's would be more along what the 45's were. Only big difference in motors is a little bit more stroke and a 42mm intake valve instead of a 44.
Anybody have any knowledge on this?
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

I run 48 Dells Tri Jets with 40 vents, 60 idles, 165 mains and 200 airs. The tri jets come on up top. I would try what you have jet wise in your 45 dells and move them over to your 48s and give it a shot.
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

74 Thing wrote:
I run 48 Dells Tri Jets with 40 vents, 60 idles, 165 mains and 200 airs. The tri jets come on up top. I would try what you have jet wise in your 45 dells and move them over to your 48s and give it a shot.

That's what I'm thinking. I know definitely that 70 idle is way too big. Had a 70 idle in my 45's in the 2276 and the mixture screws had almost no effect with the 70's in.
I sent a text to Murzi and he's spot on with jetting...I'm thinking he'll tell me the same thing.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

http://www.piersideparts.net/CSP201221113A.html

Larger gas tank outlet to fit pump and go with your larger fuel lines.
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

74 Thing wrote:
http://www.piersideparts.net/CSP201221113A.html

Larger gas tank outlet to fit pump and go with your larger fuel lines.

Cool...thanks for the link. I've got the gas tank pulled now to clean just in case so I might as well add this. Thank you.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Almost ready to come out of winter hibernation...I'll be getting it on the dyno in July and will post up what the 2332 does then. Messing with beam settj vs on the front end. It's either staying here or going up maybe another inch.

4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
UK Luke 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Nice looking car Cool
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

UK Luke 72 wrote:
Nice looking car Cool

Thanks...getting there. Waiting on cooli my tin to show and then it's off for a 4 wheel alignment
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Tin ever show up?
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

jason wrote:
Tin ever show up?

Just finished installing the tin and now working on the Berg linkage.
And I'm having an issue. The down rods are waaaaay too long. Also, every picture of Berg linkage I've seen shows the down rods shorter and with 2 bends in them. One on each end. Mine has a double bend on one end. I have two sets of the down rods.....not sure how I got two....so I cut one set down. I literally have almost no adjustment left in them. Also, how do you find tune Berg linkage when syncing the carbs? It's not quite the same as the CB hex bar
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Nobody?
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: