Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fiberine High Top Vanagon Adventure Wagon Style
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebennett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Fiberine High Top Vanagon Adventure Wagon Style Reply with quote

Just relaying the info, I do not represent Fiberine

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Quote:

Thank you for that information. We manufacture a 24" top for your 1985 VW Vanagon. We are currently working on refurbishing this mold, and it will be ready for production by mid October. Pricing and all other van top options is as follows. (picture attached w/optional windows.)

24" Bubble top w/NO flange: $2150.00 each
Trim kit (black or white): $185.00

A flange is the "inner lip" that is used to bolt and screw the van top down. Since our 1985 Vanagon 24" top does not have a flange, the van top is screwed from the outside. It will then need a trim kit that consists of a aluminum rail where the screws go. Then there is a vinyl (either black or white) to cover up the screws and aluminum rail.

For shipping, we have a packaging and crating fee of $375.00 (shipping fees not included). Crate dimensions for freight fees are as follows.

Dims: 140"x 60"x 25"
Weight: 400 lbs.

Van top options:
1). Set of 12"x 43" half sliding windows:..................$750.00
2). 3 strips of wood on the ceiling:.............................$95.00
(for mounting a headliner)
-OR-
3). OSB plywood reinforcement on the ceiling:..........$295.00
(for mounting external AC, solar panels, etc.)
4). wood strips on sides of the van top:........................$140.00
(for mounting cabinets, liner)

All of our van tops come in a standard white gel coat. Manufacturing time for all of our van tops is 2-3 weeks.

Any further questions please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you,
Betty

Fiberine
1633 E Sandison St.
Wilmington, CA 90744
310-830-1881 Phone
310-830-9937 Fax
www.Fiberine.com

Last edited by ebennett on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberline High Top Vanagon Adventure Wagon Style Reply with quote

Their full size top for the whatever it is mounted on with the roof rack looks interesting.
http://www.fiberine.com/GVMR/Full_Size_Van_Tops.html#38

I'd like to see a picture of it from the rear to see how rounded it is. It is probably the same as the front.
Not crazy about drilling holes to mount it.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
ebennett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberline High Top Vanagon Adventure Wagon Style Reply with quote

I prefer the look of the original adventure wagon top but seems those are hard to come by
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberline High Top Vanagon Adventure Wagon Style Reply with quote

ebennett wrote:
I prefer the look of the original adventure wagon top but seems those are hard to come by

John Charlton is making new Adventurewagen tops alongside his tall ones at NAHT.

http://canadianhightops.ca/
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
?Waldo?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberline High Top Vanagon Adventure Wagon Style Reply with quote

ebennet, in order to avoid confusion and assist in any searching that anyone does, you might want to correct the spelling of Fiberine in the thread title.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberline High Top Vanagon Adventure Wagon Style Reply with quote

I've seen those tops while perusing the Fiberine site for tops for American vans. They have a great variety to choose from. As far as their Vanagon high top goes, I much prefer the gentler leading edge angle of the AW style or the NAHT, both now in production by J. Charlton. The more vertical rise of the Fiberine top reminds me of the frumpy looking German Bundespost van roof and of this.

Last edited by campism on Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
?Waldo?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Fiberline High Top Vanagon Adventure Wagon Style Reply with quote

campism wrote:
...The more vertical rise of the Fiberine top reminds me of the frumpy looking German Bundespost van roof and of this.

Lol, 100% agree.
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberline High Top Vanagon Adventure Wagon Style Reply with quote

campism wrote:
I've seen those tops while perusing the Fiberine site for tops for American vans. They have a great variety to choose from. As far as their Vanagon high top goes, I much prefer the gentler leading edge angle of the AW style or the NAHT, both now in production by J. Charlton. The more vertical rise of the Fiberine top reminds me of the frumpy looking German Bundespost van roof and of this.

Completely agree. And that Bundespost forehead would be roaring with wind noise at 70MPH!!
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberline High Top Vanagon Adventure Wagon Style Reply with quote

We had an alien like that in camp last night.

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Fiberline High Top Vanagon Adventure Wagon Style Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:
campism wrote:

Completely agree. And that Bundespost forehead would be roaring with wind noise at 70MPH!!

All true, but for a $$$ savings of 90%!!! I'd buy one in a flash @ 200eur each.
I actually really like the style, it looks totally "retro", and since I only drive 70KPH it probably would not matter. Can we get these in Canada?
https://allegro.pl/premium-classixxs-vw-t3a-box-wa...JmFAfzTogQ
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: