Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Convertible rain tray buffer where to find ?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirulero1986
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

do you know where i can find the rubber tray buffer inside the rain tray as seen in the pictures?
one is missing on my car
thanks
michele
meranda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

I am missing one of those bumpers too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

Hey I recognize that photo!

Yeah, it's my photo. I was lucky enough to have those still in place when I bought the convertible lid that I stuck on my 62.

I have no idea where one might find such parts though. The "hole plug" one, might be able to find some generic automotive rubber stopper to fit that. The other one though, sorry.

I recalled someone asking for some kind of better photo of the larger rubber buffers years ago, and these were the photos I took at that time:

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Disc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

This buffer is a small section of Inner Front Section/Nose Panel seal or Splash Panel seal behind front wheels of Karmann Ghia.

meranda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

Absolutely amazing. How did you ever discover that! It makes sense Karmann would use something that was at hand rather than getting it specially designed and manufactured.
Disc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

Well I know almost every part of a Ghia just by looking at the part (I do that for living) and this is a topic that i just read and tried to help. Thats all.

P.S. The plug in the first photo is probably Karman Ghia glove box plug/buffer Wink .
Berf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

I used a couple N200223 rear apron plugs on my '67 and they fit nicely. The part number for the gas door/glove box bumpers is 111857145, but they are too tall for the '67.
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

Disc wrote:
This buffer is a small section of Inner Front Section/Nose Panel seal or Splash Panel seal behind front wheels of Karmann Ghia.

Was this rubber in all year Beetle convertibles?
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

harrymarlin wrote:
Disc wrote:

Was this rubber in all year Beetle convertibles?

Looking at it further, I don't see how that rubber can fit and look like the rubber the OP showed. The original looks like a simple almost elbow shape. The Ghia seal looks like it has a couple of pieces of overlapping rubber. Thoughts?
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

Better call Chuck.

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

aa390392 wrote:
Better call Chuck.

Good idea - I just did that! Alas, Mr. Cole says he sold all of their used ones and they are not available new. But, I see Andy's pictures are showing up for me, now (for some reason they weren't loading), and I understand, now how the Ghia part fits in. I just bought that seal from M&T, and I'll see how well I get them to fit.

On another note, can anyone tell how long they are supposed to be? It looks to be about an inch?
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Convertible rain tray buffer where to find ? Reply with quote

harrymarlin wrote:
aa390392 wrote:
Better call Chuck.

Good idea - I just did that! Alas, Mr. Cole says he sold all of their used ones and they are not available new. But, I see Andy's pictures are showing up for me, now (for some reason they weren't loading), and I understand, now how the Ghia part fits in. I just bought that seal from M&T, and I'll see how well I get them to fit.

On another note, can anyone tell how long they are supposed to be? It looks to be about an inch?

On another note, does anyone know what years this was present on? All years, or only early?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: