Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus CAD model build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

3B(G) wrote:

i made the next parts Very Happy
front outrigger

Very cool. Are those cut on a waterjet?
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (YouTube)
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (CAD drawings)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
3B(G)
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

No on a Fiber Laser. I used CR420LA 1,2mm Material
https://eserviceepc.sz.salzgitter-ag.de/lieferprog...smaterial=

Daniel

65 Panelvan
05 Multivan
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

3B(G) wrote:
No on a Fiber Laser.

That is a very nice cut. Wish I has access to one of those. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TimPrue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

sgellis wrote:
jborregoy2k wrote:

It's possible to have this complete frame you show in the picture in Autodesk Inventor or Fusion to adjust it to the one in my car? Will post some barndoor specific parts as soon as I develop the project.

The parts I made available are good enough to build from. Remainder need work so have not made publicly available. I will share the models but know they are not perfect.

I can share the complete assembly for inventor but the parts will be just dumb solids. I can share assembly as a F3z but it will need to be imported into a Fusion project so parts do not loose construction data.

Do you have a Fusion 360 login? I can also setup a team and add members to a shared project.

These files/drawings would be very helpful for our project as we have had to remove the whole of the frame/chassis rails due to damage and corrosion and it is unusable in its current state and we will need to build a complete replacement.
Are you still willing to share the F360 project? My son has created an account and could open the files if shared.
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

sgellis wrote:
This is the current state of the frame. Mostly correct but I need to verify the dimensions.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'd really love the rear section of this model to layout the engine bay in my project.

Currently I've been using an adapted version of a Type1 rear chassis to crudely lay it all out, but the chassis is obviously missing the cradle and the frame horn profiles are different.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
zwansibar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

Hi sgillis,

amazing work. Have you been advancing on the chassis drawing? Am I able to visit it somewhere? Thanks!
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

So I have been slacking on this for a while. I need to find a good way to host these so they don't get lost and I can easily update them. Currently the CAD and pdf file are stored on my accounts so everything is lost if I no longer keep them active.

GrabCad looks good but not sure files can be updated. New files can be added to a project so may need to just add new versions as changes are made. Going to do a test when I get a chance and see how it goes. Not sure it should be one big project or multiple smaller ones. Things may get to big and complex...

So what is here is what is available. Up to this point I have not made anything available that wasn't good enough to build off of. I plan to get more out soon as I find a good spot to host them. I have started a new barndoor project and have modeled a good amount of parts for it also.

I will post here with info and links when I have a solution.
mdege
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

How about Github? https://github.com/

1965 21F: Restoration of a former '65 firetruck
1963 Typ3 Notchback project
1988 Multivan Magnum 112i
1984 Standard: My son wanted a bug for his first car
Ohio_Style
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

sgellis wrote:
So I have been slacking on this for a while. I need to find a good way to host these so they don't get lost and I can easily update them. Currently the CAD and pdf file are stored on my accounts so everything is lost if I no longer keep them active.

GrabCad looks good but not sure files can be updated. New files can be added to a project so may need to just add new versions as changes are made. Going to do a test when I get a chance and see how it goes. Not sure it should be one big project or multiple smaller ones. Things may get to big and complex...

So what is here is what is available. Up to this point I have not made anything available that wasn't good enough to build off of. I plan to get more out soon as I find a good spot to host them. I have started a new barndoor project and have modeled a good amount of parts for it also.

I will post here with info and links when I have a solution.

I have a fusion360 account. I'm not super familiar with it yet, but would be happy to host them. I just paid for a subscription, so it will be around for a while

Slammed Thing
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9278729#9278729
Lifted Split Bus Build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=738403
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

mdege wrote:

I find Github not very intuitive for anyone new to it. Also it is developed around code so not a great fit for CAD projects.

Ohio_Style wrote:

I have a fusion360 account. I'm not super familiar with it yet, but would be happy to host them. I just paid for a subscription, so it will be around for a while

The problem with hosting on a fusion360 account is if the account gets closed the files are no longer accessible. A lot can change in 10,20,30 years and I would like this to remain available.

Something like GrabCad will keep everything as long as the owner doesn't delete the files.

Playing around GrabCad and looks like it will work ok and likely the best solution. I can replace files as updates are made and create sub folders. Think it will be best to make a separate model for logical groups with each individual part as a sub folder...

Made a test
https://grabcad.com/library/outrigger-front-vw-split-window-bus-1
I did find that changing the model name changes the link so will need to be careful of that. Actually just linking to my profile may be best as all models will be shown there eventually. https://grabcad.com/stan.ellis-1
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

Nothing to add here except - THANKS for doing this. Super cool...

'86 Triple Knob Syncro w/EJ22
'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

sgellis, my school has licenses for Autodesk Inventor and Fusion360 unfortunately we have to register every 12 months now for all Autodesk products now. I download/export all my files just incase we switch to a different CAD software platform even though we've used the suite for 20 years now.

Ohio_Style, I'll try and remember to post a link for Fusion360 lessons from some of my out of district colleagues as I do not world post. I've seen some pretty good YouTube lessons.

sgellis wrote:
mdege wrote:

I find Github not very intuitive for anyone new to it. Also it is developed around code so not a great fit for CAD projects.

Ohio_Style wrote:

The problem with hosting on a fusion360 account is if the account gets closed the files are no longer accessible. A lot can change in 10,20,30 years and I would like this to remain available.

Something like GrabCad will keep everything as long as the owner doesn't delete the files.

Playing around GrabCad and looks like it will work ok and likely the best solution. I can replace files as updates are made and create sub folders. Think it will be best to make a separate model for logical groups with each individual part as a sub folder...

Made a test
https://grabcad.com/library/outrigger-front-vw-split-window-bus-1
I did find that changing the model name changes the link so will need to be careful of that. Actually just linking to my profile may be best as all models will be shown there eventually. https://grabcad.com/stan.ellis-1

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ohio_Style
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
sgellis, my school has licenses for Autodesk Inventor and Fusion360 unfortunately we have to register every 12 months now for all Autodesk products now. I download/export all my files just incase we switch to a different CAD software platform even though we've used the suite for 20 years now.

Ohio_Style, I'll try and remember to post a link for Fusion360 lessons from some of my out of district colleagues as I do not world post. I've seen some pretty good YouTube lessons.

Thanks. I actually cut my teeth on Inventor when it first came out, then switched to sketchup when I was out of college and couldn't afford to pay autodesk. I just bought a Fadal and needed the cam and post processer so I puled the trigger on 360. I have watched several of the NY CNC vids along with some others.

Slammed Thing
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9278729#9278729
Lifted Split Bus Build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=738403
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rculina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

I would be grateful if it would be possible when I open a fusion 360 account to share your drawings.
I am at the beginning of the restoration project vw t1 1967 with sliding doors.
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

rculina wrote:
I would be grateful if it would be possible when I open a fusion 360 account to share your drawings.

I am slowly making my files available on GrabCad. https://grabcad.com/stan.ellis-1 You will need to register to download files.

Most have the 360 parts files included. Read the descriptions as some models have inaccuracies.
rculina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Bus CAD model build Reply with quote

sgellis wrote:
rculina wrote:

I am slowly making my files available on GrabCad. https://grabcad.com/stan.ellis-1 You will need to register to download files.

Most have the 360 parts files included. Read the descriptions as some models have inaccuracies.

TNX a lot!
I had already found and registered. For inaccuracies there is an old measurement store.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: