Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

79 fuel sending unit
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeper bird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: 79 fuel sending unit Reply with quote

putting a new tank in my 79 vert,ordered a new sending unit from mid america because they had an oem choice.Its been about a month and they are saying possibly another month. Dont know if i want to keep it apart that long.any suggestions on a quality sending unit?Thanks
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 79 fuel sending unit Reply with quote

Try anyone but MidAmerica. They are infamous for back ordering. Your wait is just beginning.

Try Jbugs, Wolfsburg West, Bughaus, EIS Parts, etc.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
sleeper bird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 79 fuel sending unit Reply with quote

thanks,only reason i bit was it was oem didnt see anyone else that made that claim.
BUGGED11111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 79 fuel sending unit Reply with quote

Yeah good luck with Mid-America

VDO is OEM. I would just look around for VDO senders. I'm sure others sell them as well.

i.e.
http://www.bughaus.com/beetle14.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 79 fuel sending unit Reply with quote

That Bughaus VDO sender is "not available". I think I got the last one made from Wolfsburg West a couple years ago Crying or Very sad .

Try the Samba Classifieds.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 79 fuel sending unit Reply with quote

Summit Racing and Jegs both stock VDO senders, you could see if either are offering free shipping. Bug Haus in Tulsa OK might actually have them, they have good people that will answer the phone and tell you what they have in stock.

For what it's worth, a few of my customers have had issues with the rubber 5-hole grommets. I have found them to be fine, if you line up the screw holes first. But those same folks said the cork gaskets lightly coated with wheel bearing grease fared far better. YMMV.

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
green1303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 79 fuel sending unit Reply with quote

The OEM VDO version is discontinued, rare, and expensive. Get them while you can. You can search 113919051F VDO for other options, but there is no quality aftermarket version.

http://www.westcoastmetric.com/i-22964516-113-051f.html

https://bugcity.com/shop/shop.htm?pquery=113919051f

https://www.paruzzi.com/uk/beetle/electricity/instrument-sensors/956/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: