Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need help authenticating a famous person owned vw!
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Need help authenticating a famous person owned vw! Reply with quote

I've owned the car since 1998 and hot rodded the crap out of it back then. I blew the motor up and proceeded to part it out and build some other cars out of some of the parts and sold some parts, to the point I only had the body and title left. The body was left outside for 15+ years, so it hasn't aged well. After parting it out I was given a bunch of old 1980's hotvw magazines, only to find the bug in an issue with a huge story about it. So all these years later I'm putting it back together. With some really great luck a few years ago I bought back the original wheels that were on it. And even better luck was able to buy back the original seats out of the car. So I'm wanting to invest more back into the car to complete it again, and rust repair it needs, but the wife is hesitant on letting me invest for the profit if I can't prove it was owned by this person. I know DMV's are strict about letting anyone know info on previous owners by the vin. Any suggestions on how to verify a past owner to a vin of a car. It's been so long the famous owner may not even know the vin to the car. I thought about contacting their agent to see, but they probably wouldn't be of much help. I started to sell this bug and parts on here a while back so some may know who's bug it is.

Any help let me know what I might be able to do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help authenticating a famous person owned vw! Reply with quote

Are you sure it's the same John Voight? Very Happy

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help authenticating a famous person owned vw! Reply with quote

HAHA.. very funny.. I'll look thru it and see if I can find a pencil with bite marks to match up Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help authenticating a famous person owned vw! Reply with quote

Sorry, it was hard to resist Wink

Seriously though, does this celebrity have a Twitter or Facebook account?, ask them if they ever had a bug?, you might tickle an old memory and get a response that starts a pen pal relationship.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help authenticating a famous person owned vw! Reply with quote

Never thought of trying that. Good suggestion. I once bought a part off here that belonged to a car owned by Mike Reno of Loverboy. I contacted his agent thru his website and 2 day's later Mike called me. We talked quite a few time's. He grew up in vw's. He told me all the ones they had and his brother drove a 21 window in high school. It can be pretty cool who you can meet into these old things.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help authenticating a famous person owned vw! Reply with quote

Just reached out to him on twitter and his son, so we will see what happens. I'll let everyone know
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: