Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sperrwolf shifter lock problem
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
akomjathy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Sperrwolf shifter lock problem Reply with quote

I have an original Sperrwolf shifter lock, which seems to be in very good used condition. I installed it into my car, but it doens't block the shifter lever. I think there should be a problem on the bottom area of the locker, but not sure. I post some pics here. I would really appreciate if somebody can shot me some pics of the inside areas of a good functional Sperrwolf shift lock. Thanks for your help!!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sperrwolf shifter lock problem Reply with quote

the only thing I can see that is missing is the small spring that goes on the fingers spreading the plates apart.

These only lock in neutral or reverse, is the tab by the clip fitting in the slot below it? it looks modified for sure compared to mine which has a longer and square shape to it.

Is this the same one you are selling in the classifieds?
akomjathy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sperrwolf shifter lock problem Reply with quote

AlteWagen wrote:
the only thing I can see that is missing is the small spring that goes on the fingers spreading the plates apart.

These only lock in neutral or reverse, is the tab by the clip fitting in the slot below it? it looks modified for sure compared to mine which has a longer and square shape to it.

Is this the same one you are selling in the classifieds?

Thanks for your respond! Can you attache a pic from yours to compare it with mine?
Yes, I realized that the small spring is missing.
The main problem is that I cannot use it in my '56 oval with the original transmission, because the shifter lock block the shifter lever when I put the 1st gear. It doesn't go to the correct position. The shifter lever should go more to switch the 1st gear correctly. So, therefore I am selling it... I think this Sperrwolf is for the newer modells for the years of the '60's....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Sperrwolf shifter lock problem Reply with quote

Mine is on the car so no pics. I think you are right as the early lock is known as the toilet bowl, yours Ive seen on later cars. It looks like it has the ignition switch portion as well, does it work?
akomjathy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Sperrwolf shifter lock problem Reply with quote

AlteWagen wrote:
Mine is on the car so no pics. I think you are right as the early lock is known as the toilet bowl, yours Ive seen on later cars. It looks like it has the ignition switch portion as well, does it work?

Yes, it has the ignition switch portion, but it is only a possibility to put it in. Now it is empty behind the plastic...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: