Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Converting a full camper to a weekender
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatboypaul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Converting a full camper to a weekender Reply with quote

PM sent....Weekenders for sale.
SF Bay
510-508-0151
theadventureneverends
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Converting a full camper to a weekender Reply with quote

With your budget I think you have the ability to end up with a very very nice factory westfalia multivan.

As others have already said with your budget there should be no rust or history of rust. A very quick search of Craigslist and TheSamba showed at least 10 prime examples.

If it was me I would hold out for a 90/91, in the color I wanted, clean title, original paint, no rust, entire life west coast vehicle (some exceptions), and unmolested except for previous owner upgrades done well that benefit me or the westy.

I would also consider a vehicle of the stated condition a solid investment as you should really enjoy it and I think at a minimum it will always be worth what you paid.

I would be checking Craigslist California, Portland and Seattle twice a day. I would check thesamba at least daily. I would look at Vanagon and Westfalia in the searches. And if I had extra time never hurts to type in Westphalia as there is at least one of those currently listed though they are a little rare Shocked . If you find one that you like out of your area there is a good chance one of thesamba members lives near it and would be happy to look at it for you.
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a full camper to a weekender Reply with quote

FWIW...a couple possible options in here:

http://www.gowesty.com/classifieds.php

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Seamoar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a full camper to a weekender Reply with quote

Can't thank you all enough for you input here. Such a great first experience with this community!

Per your advice we waited and searched, finger hot on the refresh button of The Samba and every craigslist on the west coast until this guy came up...

No rust, stock as they come, hardly ever driven in his past life. Just needed a little headlight fix to get us up and adventuring. And very much a weekender Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a full camper to a weekender Reply with quote

Congratulations! That looks really nice.

Do you have any more pics?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a full camper to a weekender Reply with quote

Like your dog!
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a full camper to a weekender Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause

Sweet - welcome to the club!

White Westy Weekenders (w)Rock!

Wink

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a full camper to a weekender Reply with quote

Seamoar wrote:

Per your advice we waited and searched, finger hot on the refresh button of The Samba and every craigslist on the west coast until this guy came up...

Good job, congrats
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a full camper to a weekender Reply with quote

Great. Enjoy it!

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: