Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LandSpeed Buggy
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

I would ram induce it.but fuel would need to be wached closely.and sealed to the carb so the bowels are also pressurized...but Im sure you know that. or a good air cleaner to get rid of turdbulance witch is a killer.and may be part of the issue in 4th. a variable length stinger may also be nice to try to find the right length in 4th. The buggy looks great!!
as kid I learned about ram air....on a motorcyle. I wantend more power... all it did was to push the fuel back up the jets & out of the bowel and die.I wasent real smart about that kinda stuff back them. if I would of just put the vent hose in the pressure .....it probably would of worked somewhat, but it may also of needed a fuel pump..it was a real head scratcher at 12 years old.
on duel 4's on a v8 tunnel ram Ive seen the fuel pulled right out of the bowel vents at high speed with no air cleaner. lots of fuel....
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
I would ram induce it.but fuel would need to be wached closely.and sealed to the carb so the bowels are also pressurized...but Im sure you know that. or a good air cleaner to get rid of turdbulance witch is a killer.and may be part of the issue in 4th. a variable length stinger may also be nice to try to find the right length in 4th. The buggy looks great!!
as kid I learned about ram air....on a motorcyle. I wantend more power... all it did was to push the fuel back up the jets & out of the bowel and die.I wasent real smart about that kinda stuff back them. if I would of just put the vent hose in the pressure .....it probably would of worked somewhat, but it may also of needed a fuel pump..it was a real head scratcher at 12 years old.
on duel 4's on a v8 tunnel ram Ive seen the fuel pulled right out of the bowel vents at high speed with no air cleaner. lots of fuel....

One of the guys tried a ram air intake with plumbing elbows glued to the tops of his air cleaners. It didn't work and they spent 20 minutes looking for white plumbing elbows out on the white salt....... Very Happy

I'm thinking ram air induction but of a mechanical nature. Cool and ditching carbs all together. There ain't no air at Bonneville so I'm thinkin I'll make my own.........

brad
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Parts have started to arrive for the new engine combo.

The newest generation of 044 head casting is terrific. Much cleaner casting. The chambers are thicker and they have moved the valves around a bit to increase strength. The chambers are of a much tighter design too, so should be much better for flame propagation = hp.

And finally taking the leap to get rid of the distributor all together. Next on the chopping block.......carburation..... Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

brad
lelef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

found only now your post..
Applause Applause Applause
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Well, Changes are a comin' This was taken yesterday. The car was parked after spending the weekend at the big Easter car show (and picked up some hardware). The last time it will run with carbs, merged header and a distributor based ignition system. New heads are sitting in the basement and a CB Gen 4 will be ordered next month.

The last run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caeOB-zffTw

brad
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
rubenski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

ccol!!

you won't be dissaponted with the cb gen4.
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Any updates on the engine mods?
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

cdnltded wrote:
Any updates on the engine mods?

Nothing yet. I was hoping the dollar might go up a bit before ordering but it's headed the other way..... Crying or Very sad I'll probably pull the trigger here in a couple of weeks it's just been super busy at work so finding time to talk with Pat or Mark at CB is hard.

I sold my 1.4 Pauter rockers and bought a set of 1.3 Pauters. I'm hoping the pushrods are kind of the right length so I can run the engine a bit. I want to take it to a couple of shows this summer to promote my sponsors so won't be pulling it out till later this year when I strip the car and go through it all.

I'm also busy with a bunch of summer projects and building engines for a couple of guys. Also trying to get my orange buggy on the road. I thought I cleaned it really well after the last trip to Bonneville with it in 2012 but the salt water got everywhere and destroyed a bunch of stuff, but I've got most of it fixed and the new engine and gearbox are in it Just about done the rewiring and then I can get the shifter and park brakes back in it and run a new throttle cable and tube.

I'll be sure to start posting once I'm underway on the racecar. I want to do a fairly in depth thread on the Gen4/turbo install as their seems to be precious little info like that anywhere on the web.

brad
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

cant wait
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES.

😎😎😎😎STAY TUNED😎😎😎😎

brad
hillmotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Popcorn
Dont make us wait TOO long, the box is only so big....

Paul

(With way more projects than spare time!)
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

really interested in seeing this Brad!!…….I been thinking about putting a turbo on a 1600dp I got laying around taking up space in the garage. Smile ……..SEAN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Well, I finally pulled my orange buggy out of mothballs and have been driving it every day the weather is good. I've put almost a thousand miles on it in the last month and a bit. Love this little 1904 I built for it, great pep and scoots along at 75mph easily. I've got my high geared Bonneville transaxle in it so at 75 it's loping along at around 2600rpm. Can easily grab the dipstick when I get off the highway after an hours cruz

I stripped the engine in the race car down to the long block and then pulled the heads off. The parts from CB should be shipping this week so I'll spend the next couple of days cleaning up the heads and big beef manifolds and getting them ready to sell. Tonight I mocked up the crank trigger wheel and sensor, took out my trust old 009, pulled the lightened drive pinion and put in the blanking plug.

brad
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Applause Popcorn
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Yesterday I finally got some free time and got the bodywork stripped off the car which is kind of involved as I have to remove the brakes and calipers as well as the caliper brackets off the axle tubes and then undo 36 fasteners per side.

Then I removed the seat and belts, dash and wiring, all the shifter linkage and steering shaft so I can either redo or clean up parts. The salt air at Bonneville rusts any exposed metal almost instantly. Most of the hardware will get tossed and replaced with new, non-rusty stuff. I use stainless hardware in non structural or safety applications but most is zinc coated and rusts almost as fast as bare metal.

Parcel from CB should be here next Tuesday, going to broker it tonight Rolling Eyes not looking forward to paying the taxes on this package......

brad
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Looking forward to see how fast Broke gets you, or how fast you go Broke. (Have not figured that out yet myself)

I did not clean my buggy each day while at the Atlantic Beach last fall like I normally would. The chassis the body was on is going to get scrapped/recycled anyway due to a new chassis build this coming Winter. The corrosion is horrendous. I must have gone through water deep enough that it got into a CV and junked out a 930 Porsche joint. Chrome is ruined, (that too is getting scrapped) and even waxed Aluminum took a beating. Because I use soo much dielectric grease, the Rebel Wiring harness is still in great shape and savable.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
... pulled the lightened drive pinion and put in the blanking plug...
brad

I'm following along (as is everyone else) to see it go faster, Brad. Any pics of the lightened distributor drive pinion? I'm always interested in seeing what guys have done with lightening parts. Al
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

The jaws on my Dads little Unimat lathe needed some repair when I did this, so I had to use a little cruder method but you get the idea.

brad
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: LandSpeed Buggy Reply with quote

Thanks for the pic.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 19

Jump to: