Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Are VIN #s stamped on body of 84 Vanagon?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrismm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Are VIN #s stamped on body of 84 Vanagon? Reply with quote

I am trying to find the correct VIN for a 84 Vanagon Westy I bought. The title says"86". The 86 title VIN matches the VIN on dash, which has obviously been replaced. The driver's side door says manufactured in 83, but the VIN has been ground off. It's water cooled with round headlights. Question is: Where (besides the dash and door frame) would I be able to find the VIN stamped into this vehicle? Thanks in advance for any insight! I'm trying to sort this out so that I can resell it with a proper title, I hope.
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Are VIN #s stamped on body of 84 Vanagon? Reply with quote

I believe it's stamped on the chassis behind the right-front wheelwell, facing rearward, and forward of the fuel pump.

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Are VIN #s stamped on body of 84 Vanagon? Reply with quote

kamzcab86 wrote:
Back side of the front cross-member, right side:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=316862
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chrismm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Are VIN #s stamped on body of 84 Vanagon? Reply with quote

Thank you. Numbers are there...I hope they check out OK!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: