Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 1960 UK Gulf Blue Beetle Restoration Is Finally Complete..
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: My 1960 UK Gulf Blue Beetle Restoration Is Finally Complete.. Reply with quote

I would say so...VW made changes all the time and exact dates for each and every change are not known (exact dates) and sometimes there is overlap

So while the 40hp engine was new for the 1961 model year, I'm sure a few late 1960 models were ordered with one. There are several examples of similar issues between model years

My 1954 has a three month only (October to December) Speedometer...who knows why VW used it and then discontinued it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jaiscossie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: My 1960 UK Gulf Blue Beetle Restoration Is Finally Complete.. Reply with quote

Thanks man, learnt something new there Very Happy
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1960 UK Gulf Blue Beetle Restoration Is Finally Complete.. Reply with quote

txoval wrote:
I would say so...VW made changes all the time and exact dates for each and every change are not known (exact dates) and sometimes there is overlap

So while the 40hp engine was new for the 1961 model year, I'm sure a few late 1960 models were ordered with one. There are several examples of similar issues between model years

My 1954 has a three month only (October to December) Speedometer...who knows why VW used it and then discontinued it

It's usually the other way around though. My 64 deluxe was built Sept 26 1963, clearly a 64 model and has the slim front turn signal lamps. A friend who's deluxe 64 which was built a week before mine has the smaller rear license plate lamp and also the small front turn signal lamps. In other words, whatever was left over from the last year got used on the first new cars for the next year.
Jaiscossie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: My 1960 UK Gulf Blue Beetle Restoration Is Finally Complete.. Reply with quote

Helfen wrote:
txoval wrote:

It's usually the other way around though. My 64 deluxe was built Sept 26 1963, clearly a 64 model and has the slim front turn signal lamps. A friend who's deluxe 64 which was built a week before mine has the smaller rear license plate lamp and also the small front turn signal lamps. In other words, whatever was left over from the last year got used on the first new cars for the next year.

Thanks thats good to know, so many variations..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: