Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier)
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Denver Vanagons & Microbrews - 3pm Sunday Oct 15 at the awesome New Terrain Brewing in Golden, 16401 Table Mountain Pkwy, Golden, CO 80403

We invite you to join some of the Denver area Vanagon folks who are getting together this Sunday mid-afternoon to talk Vanagons over brews, check out each others rides and just generally enjoy what should be a nice fall afternoon.

I'll be there with Tuna and whoever from my crew is around.
We hope that you can join us so we can meet you & yours and see your neat Vanagon.
If you plan on coming by, reply to this thread with a picture of your van so we know who you are.

There should be several Subaru conversions in attendance to look over & experience.
You can see also what went well and what didn't with my mods, including my recent Groupon window tinting.
Feel free to bring your SO/kids/dogs etc. so they aren't left out and can unite in analyzing our strange obsession with these things.

Logistics: Try to park on the east end of the lot, away from the building, or on the adjoining Parkway street. New Terrain is easy to get to, is spouse, kid & dog friendly, generally has great food trucks and we'll be done well before the Broncos game starts. It also has the best siting of any of the local microbreweries, with a great vista of South Table Mountain, next to the Colorado Train museum, a dog park, the Golden Bike Park and the North Table Mountain bike trail system. Ob.Legal.Fineprint: This is an informal gathering in the presence of many tasty microbrews. Each person is responsible for their own safe and legal intake and conduct.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier Reply with quote

Sounds awesome, wish we could come!

We lived in Lakewood from 1980-2013 and may come through in a few weeks to pinstripe in Castle Rock, but in Mid-Ohio now.

Have a couple for us! Cool

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier Reply with quote

I can't make it on Sunday (kids' weightlifting competition then Broncos-Giants) but hope we can make this a periodic thing. I'd love to be involved.

Edit: Adding a photo of the lads for next time:

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
onwardtothestars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

vanagon still no go... so next time..
connorsvw2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I'd love to come but helping with my wife's art show at our home. Definitely interested in another date!
'09 Subaru Outback XT 5-speed, 245 hp rocket (wife's car)
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Just a reminder that this is happening today. See you there...

nepawesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I'll be there.
jamin307
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Bummer- I'll miss this one. Is it going to be a regular meet up?
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

It was a beautiful warm fall afternoon spent checking out a very nice 2.5L conversion, then sitting in the sun enjoying some beer and pizza with some new friends, talking about Vanagons and lots of other topics. I'm sure we'll do this again.

bronsonarlo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Had a great time! Thanks again for the invite.
T91Carat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Grrrrr, hate that I am just seeing this post now. I just missed it!
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

When's the next one?

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:
When's the next one?

Though it's snowing right now, it's going to be near 70 around 3pm on Sunday.

Do you have any dog-friendly, outside-seating, breweries by you?
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Actually we do! Station 26 Brewing. They have an outside patio, a large (dirt) parking lot, and a BBQ food truck on Sundays. It's right off I-70 and Quebec, too, so fairly easy to get to.

This idea has legs. Let's do it.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

We're in central Ohio now, leaving southern Indiana at Tuesday dawn, and may well be through Denver next weekend to meet up with a friend, the next superstar lady race driver...

Schedule's forming asap, what are y'all thinking?

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nepawesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I can do it.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I put the word out for this Sunday. I'll be there.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:
I put the word out for this Sunday. I'll be there.

We'll be there...
connorsvw2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I may be there if my planned MTB ride finishes in time...station 26 is the bomb!
'09 Subaru Outback XT 5-speed, 245 hp rocket (wife's car)
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Great call on Station 26 Brewery, JoeTiger! Great beer, great food, great weather, great folks.

It was fun meeting everyone, their SOs & kids and seeing all the cool things you've done with your vans.

Mike's very impressive Subie 2.5L conversion with lots of custom interior work.

Not a stock wheel to be seen...

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: