Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nepawesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Wow. Good call on the market lights. Never noticed. Thanks guys. Love these meet ups. See you at the next one. If anyone needs help with a project I am always happy to help. Great pics btw.
smaurer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Great shots Stewart. Thanks for posting those. Can't wait for the next meet up. Maybe Long Table Brew House in the heart of Park Hill at Fairfax and 29th. They have half of the brewery to rent too for a private event if we wish to put on the "fancy pants".
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Were meeting up this Saturday, 2/16 at Station 26 Brewery in North Park Hill in Denver at 2pm.

A bit last-minute, but it's a three day weekend for some and the weather is supposed to cooperate!

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
connorsvw2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

If I can come without the westy i’m in! Van is at the restoration shop so I’ll bring the vintage GTI instead.
'09 Subaru Outback XT 5-speed, 245 hp rocket (wife's car)
jmillsj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I’ll also be without my Westy. Same story - restoration.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I had hoped to bring Tatanka one last time, but it's up at Verner's getting a few things sorted for the new owners. I'll be in the Syncro.

I'll buy Jamey's and Connor's first beers since they're probably a bit cash poor at the moment. Very Happy

Connor, I'm looking forward to seeing your GTI!

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
connorsvw2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I’ll be about an hour or so late. Forgot about a funeral on saturday Crying or Very sad
'09 Subaru Outback XT 5-speed, 245 hp rocket (wife's car)
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Considering the rather nasty change in the weather around mid day, what a great turnout!

Six Vanagons:

Bostig
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ABA

Bostig

My old Paulchen rack (and a sweet homebrew rear bumper)

WBX

Connor's time capsule GTI:

...and SoonerDave's cheap Vanagon knock-off. Smile

Hopefully we'll get a little luckier with the weather next time. Planning to do something mid-March.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the pics, once the weather clears we'll have to do one in Reno.

And nice, you kept the Ronals....
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Reaching out to the Denver peeps.

I would love to go to Syncro Solstice in Moab again this year.... but I do not have time to drive out there from Maryland. (I can easily fly to Denver and back.)

Soooo.... anyone got an extra seat (and a place to bed) for Syncro Solstice 2019? Happy to share expenses. Beer/whiskey is on me. Cool

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

dobryan wrote:

I would love to go to Syncro Solstice in Moab again this year.... but I do not have time to drive out there from Maryland. (I can easily fly to Denver and back.)

Soooo.... anyone got an extra seat (and a place to bed) for Syncro Solstice 2019? Happy to share expenses. Beer/whiskey is on me. Cool

Dave, if I had the time to install the parts just sitting in this van, I'd let you go rally it...
If you are OK with the oil pressure buzzer and just a parking brake to stop, come and get it! Laughing

-d
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Dave I sold my other van (as you know) and actually have a civilian riding out as co-pilot with me this year. Otherwise I could think of no finer company!

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

raoul mitgong wrote:

Dave, if I had the time to install the parts just sitting in this van, I'd let you go rally it...
If you are OK with the oil pressure buzzer and just a parking brake to stop, come and get it! Laughing

-d

That's a sweet looking van. I wish mine was that clean.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

raoul mitgong wrote:
dobryan wrote:

-d

Sooo. Just how much work does that need?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

At a minimum, hard brake lines, swap engine with the one sitting on the floor.
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Denver area Vanagons and Microbrews!

Saturday, April 20th, 3 pm

Dead Hippie Brewing

http://www.deadhippiebrewing.com/

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Anyone want to caravan from Fort Collins?
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Last week was a bit of a dud due to so much other stuff going on; I myself was double-booked and missed out.

So, we're giving it another shot this Saturday. On the advice of a well-respected Samba/VOG member and regular VAMB attendee, we're meeting up at Long Table Brewery for their 1-year anniversary shindig in Park Hill.

https://www.lngtbl.com/
Saturday, 4/27
2PM
Long Table Brewery
2895 Fairfax Street
Denver, CO 80207

Hope you can make it!

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Reminder that we're meeting up today. Gonna take a break from trimming to go have a couple of pints...

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

We have a great spot at 28th and Fairfax if you're coming out!

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: