Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

We ended up with five vans (seven owners,) great beer, live music, and copious sunshine on Saturday. Major thanks to the owner of Long Table for reserving a section of their block party for Vanagons.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

The next meetup is scheduled for 6 PM Thursday, July 18th at Mountain Toad Brewery in Golden.

According to the Golden folks, we can park at either the back lot of the Mountaineering Center or the Coors lot.

Hope you can make it!

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jmillsj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Sorry to miss this one (again). I’ll be on my bike with my wife riding from Prague to Budapest. Have fun.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

jmillsj wrote:
I’ll be on my bike with my wife riding from Prague to Budapest.

That's no excuse! Smile

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Indications are that we'll have a bigger than usual group on Thursday; looking forward to it.

A quick note from a Westy owner/Golden resident:

"Just caught word of an event at the American Mountaineering Museum during our meet.

Two things: admission to the museum is going to be free. And, probably best to park the vans at Coorstek behind the Mountaineering Center."

Hope to see some Sambanistas in attendance.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

VENUE CHANGE:

Due to the annual "Mopar Block Party" tomorrow evening in downtown Golden (gross) we're moving to:

Cannonball Creek Brewing

393 Washington Avenue, Golden.

Thx

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
jamin307
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Well that explains why my van is the only one at mountain toad - whoops!
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

On the hottest day in recorded history, we had a great turnout for yesterday's meetup. Cannonball Brewing had a perfect Mexican lager for cooling down after horrible traffic delays for several of us. I think 11 or 12 vans came, a good showing for a busy Thursday afternoon.

(Ironically, a stalled Plymouth Duster that was headed to the Mopar gathering in downtown Golden backed up traffic on I-70.)

It was hot. I had gotten out of the bumper-to-bumper stuff for smooth sailing to Golden when I saw Chris' van on the side of the highway. He was cooling down from a coil issue.

Once he had a good startup, we made it to the brewery.

I didn't get pictures of everything because I was jawing too much. I ended up staying well past dark and had great conversations with a bunch of really cool folks. We had several first-time attendees which always makes it lively.

Lori's beautiful GL, Dolores:

Keif's '87:

Mike and me:

Stewart's '84:

Scott's '83

There was talk of harvesting the TDI motor out of the jetta in the middle. Smile

Also, we got to meet Ryan and check out his incredible interior, documented here:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

(Apologies for the lack of photos, but his presentation of all of its features held my full attention.)

It's quite impressive in person. I've never seen an interior that well thought-out and constructed, even if it does eliminate the passenger swivel. We had a chuckle about the responses in his thread.

The idea for a Denver Vanagons Campout in late September was floated as well and seems to have legs. More to come.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Hi Folks, Happy Fall!

After the success of our last Vanagon get-together at Long Table Brewhouse, they've invited us back for their Oktoberfest Block Party this Saturday, Sept. 28th.

https://www.lngtbl.com/schedule-food-events/2019/9/28/oktoberfest

The event goes from noon to 6 PM. Please let me know if you'll be attending as soon as possible, either here or through the Denver Vanagons group on that other site. They're making space for our vans within the event.

Prost!

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
connorsvw2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I’m planning on attending, once my new oven is delivered and confirmed operational, unlike last time...
'09 Subaru Outback XT 5-speed, 245 hp rocket (wife's car)
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

connorsvw2 wrote:
I’m planning on attending, once my new oven is delivered and confirmed operational, unlike last time...

Can't wait to see your new paint!

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

We had great weather and a good turnout for Long Table Oktoberfest on Saturday. I think eight or nine vans were in attendance. I took a few pics from early in the day, but you know you're having fun when you forget to take pictures. Being a part of the block party was quite fun; there were lots of very interested, curious folks who wanted to know all about our vans.

I wish I'd gotten some close ups of Connor's van (left.) His new paint is nothing short of stunning.

Because the date was 9/28, I thought it appropriate to bring along the other German car as well. Very Happy

Edit to add a better pic of the event (compliments of thewhump)

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Denver Vanagons & Microbrews March Meetup!

Saturday, March 7th, 3PM.

Great Divide Barrel Bar, RiNo.

https://greatdivide.com/

The weather is obviously a wild card this time of year, but hopefully we'll get lucky. Let's see how those winter projects are coming along! Hope y'all can make it.

(I'm 99.9% certain that this van will not be in attendance, but damn what a cool photo.)

https://www.volkswagent25.com/post/55677204624/vw-t25-vanagon-001

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

We got lucky with the first truly beautiful day of the year on Saturday and had a nice turnout at Great Divide. They have a big gravel lot behind the brewery which gave us plenty of space to line up.

Great to see everybody again with Spring on the horizon!

There was discussion of putting together a summer campout as well; hopefully we can pull it off this year.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Bunch of good looking vans there!!
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:
Bunch of good looking vans there!!

Agreed! Connor's van (closest one in the second photo) looks like it just rolled out of the showroom. His new paint job is really impressive.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
jeffrw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I’d like to be at the next one!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

jeffrw wrote:
I’d like to be at the next one!!

You're definitely welcome! Watch this topic; I post the info here as well as on the Denver Vanagons page on FB.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:

I want to go too, but do you allow rectangular headlight vans? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Max_Power
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Damn, I didn't find out about this until after it happened. I'm down in the Colorado Springs area.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: