Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Transporter T3 used in advertising products & services
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:20 pm    Post subject: VW Transporter T3 used in advertising products & services Reply with quote

In recent years, I have noticed an increasing use of VW Transporter T3 [i.e. Vanagon in USA parlance!?!] being used to advertise a variety of products and services.

In recent weeks on British television, there has been an advertisement for Gala Bingo, featuring an all-yellow VW Transporter T3 minibus with what appear to be genuine Volkswagen 14 x 6 inch alloy wheels.

Gala Bingo – Where a Little Joy Goes a Long Way

https://vimeo.com/724917466

https://image.adsoftheworld.com/ay1bwajmoi03kcr7fg7tuuglmcuw

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://5star.media/2022/07/05/neverlands-gala-bin...-balloons/

« Gala Bingo launches their new brand campaign that brings the joy back to bingo in Britain. »

« The integrated campaign, launching with a 60-second TV spot, radio, digital, OOH campaign and PR, looks to inspire the UK with the fun of bingo. »

« The campaign was shot by Noah Harris, of Agile films, across the North-West of England earlier in the year. The 60” launch spot – ‘Look Up’ – follows a group of five friends (and Kodie the dog) travelling in their yellow van from the bottom to top of Britain, in search of the perfect view of 5 hot air balloons creating an epic ‘bingo’ in the sky. The film features the track ‘I Saw the Light’ by Todd Rundgren. »

« To add an extra touch of joy for keen bingo players eleven iconic bingo calls have been hidden throughout the launch spot for viewers to discover. »

« ‘Look Up’ is supported by 3 product films, which will launch a series of new games for players to enjoy, and a Responsible Gambling message which sees the friends literally take a moment to pause. »

« The campaign’s digital, social, radio and OOH elements also launch today, with eye-catching bus wraps and taxi wraps across London. The campaign will continue across summer with PR events which are being managed by neverland in partnership with Capture Communications. »

« Sara Jolly, head of brand and content at Gala Bingo, said: “Bingooooooooooooo.” »

« The campaign will be amplified by digital, social, radio and out-of-home (OOH) elements including bus wraps and taxi wraps across London. »

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine
Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club (Great Britain)

http://www.vwt2oc.net

Last edited by NASkeet on Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Transporter T3 used in advertising products & services Reply with quote

14" X 6" ! ! !

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Transporter T3 used in advertising products & services Reply with quote

Probably belongs here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Transporter T3 used in advertising products & services Reply with quote

^^^That's what I thought.

NASkeet wrote:
In recent years, I have noticed an increasing use of VW Transporter T3 [i.e. Vanagon in USA parlance!?!] being used to advertise a variety of products and services.

I also thought it was called the T25 in the UK and T3 in the US and elsewhere. Am I mistaken on that?

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Transporter T3 used in advertising products & services Reply with quote

Yes, it is called a T25 in Great Britain, or “Brickie,” and in both cases *I think* only there…

The nickname eludes me, unless it’s windy at camp and its true and real purpose comes out. Wink

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Transporter T3 used in advertising products & services Reply with quote

16CVs wrote:
14" X 6" ! ! !

Stacy

A slight typographical error! Embarassed

These laptop keys are a bit small! Sad Rolling Eyes

My daily driver is a 1974 Triumph Toledo 1300 "HL Special" whose original factory-fitted wheels were 4 x 13 inch, replaced by 5½ x 13 inch, but at sometime in the future will be 5½ x 15 inch.

My 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental still has its original 5½ x 14 inch steel wheels, which will eventually be replace by Mercedes C-Class 7 x 16 inch alloy wheels, with commonly available 205/65 R16C or 215/65 R16C Commercial-Van tyres, which have been virtually the de facto standard for medium-sized vans here for the past 10~20 years.

jimf909 wrote:

NASkeet wrote:

I also thought it was called the T25 in the UK and T3 in the US and elsewhere. Am I mistaken on that?

Some people in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland refer to it as a T25 or Type 25, for reasons which elude me. The "Brick" is a reference to its rather boxy shape. T3 is the German factory reference to it being the third generation VW Transporter, which is also used by some people in United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.

To the best of my knowledge, "Vanagon" is a term exclusive to North America, where they speak & write a strange language that is not ENGLISH, but is vaguely related to earlier versions of English.

We also have the VW Transporter T4 (i.e. Eurovan in USA parlance!?!), T5 & T6. There might be a T7 sometime in the future! Shocked

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine

Last edited by NASkeet on Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALIKA T3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Transporter T3 used in advertising products & services Reply with quote

NASkeet wrote:
16CVs wrote:
14" X 6" ! ! !

Stacy

jimf909 wrote:

NASkeet wrote:

I'm not sure I see where the mistake is.
14" diameter, 6" wide? 251601025
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416343
Syncro http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...num+gadget
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Transporter T3 used in advertising products & services Reply with quote

ALIKA T3 wrote:

NASkeet wrote:
Last edited by NASkeet on Today 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ALIKA T3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Transporter T3 used in advertising products & services Reply with quote

RoryGirl wrote:
ALIKA T3 wrote:

NASkeet wrote:

Ah, sneaky Laughing

When I edit I usually say so especially if there's been discussions after, so people understand .
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416343
Syncro http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...num+gadget
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: VW Transporter T3 used in advertising products & services Reply with quote

ALIKA T3 wrote:
NASkeet wrote:
16CVs wrote:
14" X 6" ! ! !

Stacy

jimf909 wrote:

NASkeet wrote:

14" diameter, 6" wide? 251601025

ALIKA T3 wrote:
RoryGirl wrote:
ALIKA T3 wrote:

NASkeet wrote:

Ah, sneaky Laughing

When I edit I usually say so especially if there's been discussions after, so people understand .

To dispel the confusion, I had originally mistakenly typed 6 x 13 inch, rather than 6 x 14 inch for the Volkswagen alloy wheel size.

About 25~30 years ago, those genuine Volkswagen 6 x 14 inch, 5-spoke, VW Transporter T3 alloy wheels, would have cost about £1,000 new for a set, plus the tyres.

In South Africa, there were some nicer factory-fitted 5-spoke, 6 x 15 inch alloy wheels for the 1993~2002 VW Transporter T3; which continued in production there, in preference to manufacturing the front-engined, front-wheel drive, 1993~2002 VW Transporter T4.

Rhein 15 inch alloy wheel

http://www.foreignautosupply.com/parts-accessories/20-rhein-15-inch-alloy-wheel-coming-soon/

A few years ago, my set of FOUR second-hand 2002/03 Mercedes C-Class 7 x 16 alloy wheels as illustrated below, cost a total of £80 via British E-bay, plus about £30 shipping.

7J x 16 inch with 37 mm offset

I would have preferred the following style & wheel-offset which cost about the same, but at 8 inches wide, they were too wide! Crying or Very sad

8J x 16H2 ET36 five-spoke (bifurcated)

Nigel A. Skeet

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: