Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Shipping Dilemma... Any Suggestions?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
STUNNED MULLET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Shipping Dilemma... Any Suggestions? Reply with quote

HI All, I just purchased a 1969 westy from a member on here. the bus is in Sturgis, South Dakota, and I need it to get to me here in Fresno, CA. I have been working with a few companies that have given me great quotes, but cant pull it off somehow. these are brokers I guess, and the quotes don't actually stick in terms of price?? Do you guys know of anyone that can get this bus to me? any and all suggestions please!!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: SHIPPING DILEMMA... ANY SUGGESTIONS? Reply with quote

Got any single buddies willing to road trip & rent a U-Haul?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: SHIPPING DILEMMA... ANY SUGGESTIONS? Reply with quote

I asked a related question a couple of days ago and Tcash offered the link below.

As many others suggested in the thread, I am going to use 4 corners.
I have not had anything official done yet, so I cannot comment on their 'professionalism' first hand. I put the job out on the web to get quotes so I had a base comparison. Most came back in the $500 range. 4 Corners is $650, but that extra is worth a somewhat more settled peace of mind. It may also be noteworthy that 4 Corners is a broker.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170895

good luck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
STUNNED MULLET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: SHIPPING DILEMMA... ANY SUGGESTIONS? Reply with quote

as much as I would LOVE to take the trip.. I just cant.. I have gotten quotes from 2400.00 to 850.00.. its crazy.. I took up the two offers at 850.00 and its been sitting for a week now... I bought the bus after seeing the 850 bid.. my thoughts are if you bid 850, I want to pay you 850.. I cant afford thousands... if I knew it was going to cost thousands, I would of never bought the vehicle.
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: SHIPPING DILEMMA... ANY SUGGESTIONS? Reply with quote

I see ads pop up in the classifieds all the time for transport. Here are a couple:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1835420

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=819318

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1789499

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2027670

There is another guy I see pop up on the home page quite often where he is always updating his routes in the ad to get a car here or there on his way to and fro. Keep your eye out or search the "services" classifieds.

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: SHIPPING DILEMMA... ANY SUGGESTIONS? Reply with quote

YOU don't need to road trip, you just need a couple of friends willing to. I once got paid to drive a woman's belongings from Raleigh NC to El Segundo CA, they paid for the truck, lodging & airfare back for my girlfriend (now wife of 20 years) & I. You would effectively be paying for someone's Sturgis adventure.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
STUNNED MULLET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: SHIPPING DILEMMA... ANY SUGGESTIONS? Reply with quote

thanks ROCKORROD... I just phoned a few of these links you sent...
timvw7476
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: SHIPPING DILEMMA... ANY SUGGESTIONS? Reply with quote

Well, at least you know what you'll be doing come Winter Break.
Sturgis to Fresno IS a boring drive, sorry. Pack a nice down jacket & gloves.
AND one of those ear-flap hats too.
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: SHIPPING DILEMMA... ANY SUGGESTIONS? Reply with quote

Professional car transporters, Reliable carriers inc. (web) and Passport transport 1-800-3254267 for free quote. These are the carriers not brokers.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: SHIPPING DILEMMA... ANY SUGGESTIONS? Reply with quote

STUNNED MULLET wrote:
as much as I would LOVE to take the trip.. I just cant.. I have gotten quotes from 2400.00 to 850.00.. its crazy.. I took up the two offers at 850.00 and its been sitting for a week now... I bought the bus after seeing the 850 bid.. my thoughts are if you bid 850, I want to pay you 850.. I cant afford thousands... if I knew it was going to cost thousands, I would of never bought the vehicle.

what???
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: SHIPPING DILEMMA... ANY SUGGESTIONS? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

what???

You didn't know that the seller is supposed to eat the shipping costs? Rolling Eyes

Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: SHIPPING DILEMMA... ANY SUGGESTIONS? Reply with quote

We have a dedicated topic for shipping a vehicle. Please use it.

Auto Transport/Shipping Information

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: