Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Canopy carports - anyone use them?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Canopy carports - anyone use them? Reply with quote

we have 2 sheds in our yard, both made fromrecycled goods. one was store canopy framework 3/4" tubing, the other was a couple of gazebo kits missing parts. Both have been in service for 10 years or more, the tarps get changed about every 5 years. They are welded frames with hinged doors. They keep the cars dry and relatively clean except for leaves and dust over the winter. they are both bolted down, as we get 100 KMH winds some days.

this one is made from the gazebo kits. you can see the slope is pretty steep to keep the snow load off and it's a lean-to against the side of the house. bad picture but it's all I have on my PC

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Canopy carports - anyone use them? Reply with quote

I use the Costco one, its had 6+ in. of wet snow on it and I go out and gently push up on the tarp with a push broom till it slides off. Held up 3+ years so far. When next year comes I'll buy a HF 19 1/2" silver tarp and reinforce the top part, $20.00.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Canopy carports - anyone use them? Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
bobinphx wrote:
I sure wish someone still made these.

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/garage-folds-against-side-of-wall/#more

I would buy one in a second!

I have been looking for something similar. I found this. www.gazebox.net

That looks awesome-- I espeically like the wall-version to add on a covered outdoor section to the house.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: