Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW still milking it's past with new ad.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:
that dudes got a long ass arm Shocked Shocked
where's his elbow bending to get his hand up on her shoulder???

Not supposed to look at the dude !!!

All I saw in the picture was the girl..!

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

I think his castle nuts are loose on the Queen side..
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

Moderator note:
It should be obvious but please don't post nudity on the site.

The image and post were removed.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

That's my '66 Deluxe featured in the latest VW ad campaign

Link

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

That's pretty cool RareAir.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

That's not a VW!
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

RareAir wrote:

Link

were you able to get any genuine vw parts from VW for assisting them with their ad?

They used your bus to "preserve" and perpetuate the VW brand, but what are they doing to "preserve" the products they produced?
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:

They used your bus to "preserve" and perpetuate the VW brand, but what are they doing to "preserve" the products they produced?

RareAir- That's pretty cool..... Nice bus too

vwinnovator: Can you name any auto manufacturer that offers support for a 50 year old car they produced?
This new fad of get it the lowest, or run it with the worst looks, (patina) isn't cool, it's for the hey everyone look at me crowd, i'm driving a beat down ratty, unsafe, VW, how cool am I ???...your not....

Pissing off the purists since 1997

Wanted: Boyd Motors plate frame

57 Turbo Oval Sliding rag
67 13 window delux walk-thru- now 21
64 all original for the misses
83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

I'll name two Mercedes and BMW. In fact Mercedes will work off their blueprints if need be to make a part you need. How's that for support, fuck VWOA.
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

Whatever, VWOA. How about instead of exploiting aircooled cars you bring over models that people actually want? If those bozos offered the Polo or Lupo stateside there wouldn't be a Honda Fit in my garage right now!
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
I'll name two Mercedes and BMW. In fact Mercedes will work off their blueprints if need be to make a part you need. How's that for support, fuck VWOA.

Don't know about Mercedes, But BMW I do know..... Good luck finding parts for those from the dealer/factory.... Just sayin
This new fad of get it the lowest, or run it with the worst looks, (patina) isn't cool, it's for the hey everyone look at me crowd, i'm driving a beat down ratty, unsafe, VW, how cool am I ???...your not....

Pissing off the purists since 1997

Wanted: Boyd Motors plate frame

57 Turbo Oval Sliding rag
67 13 window delux walk-thru- now 21
64 all original for the misses
83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

Mercedes has a very strong support system for their vehicles. you might need to sell a kidney and/or other body parts in order to afford them, but a lot of things are still available through MB directly.
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/enthusiast/classic_center

they also offer a rather extensive online parts catalog.
https://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/

i don't see, and don't think i've ever seen VW go to this length for it's older/original/heritage vehicles.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:

turbotype1 wrote:
vwinnovator: Can you name any auto manufacturer that offers support for a 50 year old car they produced?

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

EXACTLY!
Having a close friend that keeps 2002's alive, and myself getting genuine Mercedes Benz parts for customers vehicles from the 50's, VW doesn't do shit for the vehicles that made the brand. And lets not forget the VWOA lawsuits trying to weasel a piece of the pie against any current business that supplys aftermarket parts, or repairs classic VW's having the letters V W, or Aircooled in their business name. I jumped on the Watercooled bandwagon when my Mom wanted a 98 Beetle, and it still is a good car 220K miles later, but VW is all but turned their back on the Airccoled crowd. Having Aircooled vehicles in a modern commercial is a sure sign they are grasping at straws.

I thought I was going to start something here on the forum, but its nice to see I'm preaching to the choir.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

turbotype1 wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:

RareAir- That's pretty cool..... Nice bus too

Mercedes
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

RareAir wrote:

Link

I hope you're getting paid by the play, I've already seen it a couple of dozen times locally.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
RareAir wrote:

Link

I hope you're getting paid by the play, I've already seen it a couple of dozen times locally.

a royalty deal would have been awesome if one was made....

multiple viewings by 100's of millions of people..

surely it will amount to several million vw sales, so even at say 5 cents per customer acquisition, it would still be a great deal and minimal cost to VWoA...

I'm sure the Ad company who produced the ad made atleast a million $$ off it's production....
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

I've watched this a few times over the past few days and today I just noticed the tan square back with his rear hatch door open up on the hill in the back ground behind the bug.
So ....... who's bug and squareback do those belong to?

So fu vwoa, it's still a cool commercial. Those that know about the air cooled issues with vwoa, this commercial won't change their minds. Those that don't know, won't care. I say get what you can from them. As little as it may be. We all know that even if people said no to using their buses out of protest it won't change vwoa's attitude towards it's early air cooled products. They would just go another route. They have plenty of bugs and buses of their own, so why not take what you can get? If I was in rareair's place, the bug owner's place or even the squarebacks place, I would have done the same thing. And for the same reasons I doubt he was in a position for negotiation.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

My 2 cents.

The first time I saw the commercial I instantly noticed the safari windows. Sorry, but there's a snowball's chance in hell any real-world bus from that era would have had them. I'm sure more have been reproduced than were ever fitted on buses originally.

The bus looks very nice in the photo above, but for me, this is a continuity error too big to overlook. It makes the ad look fake.

Heinz Nordhoff
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

Agree with Mr. Fish. I see ads like it and say "Oh look! How cute!" I enjoy it and would definitely take their $$$ for the use of my bus! Razz

But the last thing I bought from them was an '87 Fox and not only because it was a weak plastic car but their sorry ass service once you drove off the lot, it was indeed the last thing I bought from them! Twisted Evil

Traded it within a year for a Foyota Previa and was happy as a clam for it! Laughing
tubdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: VW still milking it's past with new ad. Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
I've watched this a few times over the past few days and today I just noticed the tan square back with his rear hatch door open up on the hill in the back ground behind the bug.
So ....... who's bug and squareback do those belong to?.

the blue bug belongs to Jahnai Pearson from the SF Bay area
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: