Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
greggl4321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

What are some new vehicles coming out that are worthy of mention? Particularly stuff that the baja, and offroad community would be interested in. I've heard of the Ford Bronco, but thats about it.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

I saw jaguar set a guinness record for "distance barrel rolling a new vehicle".Think it was 50 feet.
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

The new Wrangler redesign should be out soon. Similarly, a Wrangler pickup is supposed to finally be showing up within the next year or so.
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

greggl4321 wrote:
What are some new vehicles coming out that are worthy of mention? Particularly stuff that the baja, and offroad community would be interested in. I've heard of the Ford Bronco, but thats about it.

Along with the bronco the Ford ranger is coming back for a 2019 model. I think it will probably compete w/ the tacoma and the colorado zr2. I hope they bring the turbo diesel for it to compete with the colorado. The Afghan national army had a bunch of them and they were great to drive.

If it comes with a proper offroad package and not just the fx4 badge and diesel powerplant I think I will be trading in my car for it next year. Not sure if I can wait for the bronco, but if it turns out to be an SUV version of the raptor I may.
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

i hear that VW is coming out with a new "Bus" Rolling Eyes maybe they'll make a 4x4 synchro type version
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

We just released the Stinger, people seem to be really excited by it.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/10/13/2018-kia-stinger-review/757234001/

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

Dodge demon, banned by the nhra. I think fca has been listening with the rebel, power wagon, and rubicon models.
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
i hear that VW is coming out with a new "Bus" Rolling Eyes maybe they'll make a 4x4 synchro type version

It is 'sposed to be an all electric and slated for 2020. But who knows.
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:
We just released the Stinger, people seem to be really excited by it.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/10/13/2018-kia-stinger-review/757234001/

I was watching this closely, but the almost $50k price tag is going to be hard to swallow for a brand that has been known for its cheap price tag. But I guess the genesis coupe kind of pulled it off.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:
Dodge demon, banned by the nhra. I think fca has been listening with the rebel, power wagon, and rubicon models.

Dodge Demon is not banned by the NHRA, any car running less than 10 second quarter must have a cage.
You can run your Dodge Demon @ 10.01 all day long at any NHRA Event/Track.
But if index the car to run faster than 10 seconds they'll tell you don't meet Safety Tech Requirements,
So you don't pass tech, you don't get to race.
Yes the car can break the 10s, but most folks will have to learn how to drive their Dodge Demon faster than 10's
The Dodge Demon is an amazing car, just not banned.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

greggl4321 wrote:

Not sure the Stinger or Demon would be anywhere in the top ten list of cars I'd be interested in for offroad...
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

just stay away from the nissans....they just anounced that they had pretty much no QC at many of thier plants.
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

elizer wrote:

I was watching this closely, but the almost $50k price tag is going to be hard to swallow for a brand that has been known for its cheap price tag. But I guess the genesis coupe kind of pulled it off.

I will admit that our prices are working their way up, but our quality has also increased dramatically.

The $50 tag is for the top of the line.
We have lesser Stingers at lesser prices too
$31,900 for base Stinger 2.0T
$37,000 for Stinger Premium 2.0T
$39,000 for GT 3.3 T
$43,500 for GT1 3.3T
$49,500 for GT2 3.3 T
Are they worth it? meh, that's opinion lol

MotorTrend came out a couple weeks ago to the Test Track that i work at for a big press deal we had for the Stinger.
Here's their opinions on the cheap one
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/kia/stinger/2018/2018-kia-stinger-20-first-test-review/

also, here's another article that includes a pretty video at our Test Track

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/latest-reviews/drive-2018-kia-stinger-gt-article-1.3551825

and yeah, I am a little biased. Hyundai/Kia signs my paycheck LOL

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

and a write-up on Auto-Blog
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/10/27/2018-kia-stinger-gt-first-drive-review-sleeper-of-the-year/

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

TT V6 and an 8 speed automatic? yuck...I just had visions of the 99 S80 T6 dance thru my head...

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
LucKaS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

I quit keeping up with newer cars when they quit giving the option for a manual transmission on everything but the base models.
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

https://20somethingfinance.com/manual-transmission-savings/

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
LucKaS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

The manual Fiesta has 1 less gear than the auto and only gets 2 less mpg, to me that’s not a large enough disparity to throw in the towel on driving a manual.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:
https://20somethingfinance.com/manual-transmission-savings/

Yeah it's not about that though, it's about the feel of a manual shift and actual clutch pedal that even a shiftable automatic (console or paddle) doesn't give--especially on a performance vehicle. That's not to say I am not impressed by the Stinger- I was not even aware of it until now. I just wish they had kept that option on the base model at least.

I don't have a problem at all with Kia's current vehicle quality. I just think they miss the boat on certain options and features a potential buyer might like. I had a 2013 Kia Soul a few years back and purposefully got the 6 speed manual just to make it feel a little more sporty. But with the base model 6 speed manual there is NO factory option cruise control, my biggest complaint there. (The base automatic had it, but not the manual! Why???)

I did always wonder too, how Kia was let off the hook for misrepresenting fuel economy ratings on the majority of their cars several years ago, while VW was made to look like the devil incarnate for essentially the same thing.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New Vehicles Coming out, whats hot, whats not? Reply with quote

ummm...
Over $300 Million in total fines isn't really being "let off the hook"
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/fo.../18404545/

and if you wanna get your piece of the pie:
https://kiampginfo.com/overview/compensation

And just so everybody knows, I'm not part of the Fuel testing group. LOL
I'm just a part of the Thermal group. We do A/C , heating, and Powertrain cooling testing and development.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: