Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

FINALLY!! In the Garage!
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Lewalski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: FINALLY!! In the Garage! Reply with quote

After many, many years of sitting in my driveway rusting, I cleaned up (half) my garage (hung used cabinets, re-arranged, etc.) and rolled the Thing in yesterday. Now I can take it apart as I want and not have the neighbors complain about a beater bringing down home values.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Got some work to do on the '89 Vanagon Bluestar I got last week then hopefully start on my '74 181.

Mark
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY!! In the Garage! Reply with quote

Your garage looks like where I have mine...tight quarters but at least you're not getting rained on!! Personally, I like the Winnie the Pooh characters Very Happy
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY!! In the Garage! Reply with quote

Vanagon Blue Star + Thing = Nice Pair!

I miss my Vanagon, and it wasn't a Blue Star.

I'm not big on green but stock (Avocado) green and yours look very nice. Applause Applause
Mark Lewalski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY!! In the Garage! Reply with quote

I really like the Avocado green from VW. Don't like my lime green very much actually; probably going to paint it a flat tan and have black bumpers/seats/tires (of course), etc.

Used to have that wall closet in Germany when my son was born 19+ years ago and hung those Pooh characters on there - it was relegated to the garage when we moved back to the States. It holds toys that we use for donating during the holidays.

Mark
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY!! In the Garage! Reply with quote

Can't go wrong with flat tan -- surprising VW didn't offer it that way given Thing paints were semi-gloss anyway.
FV195
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY!! In the Garage! Reply with quote

For years after my divorce, I moved a lot. Most places without a garage, I got tired of paying for a storage unit to keep my car in, so I went trailer shopping! Payment on a brand new 8x18 enclosed car mate car hauler was a good bit less than storage unit. Now I own it! Down side is I need a truck tough enough to pull it, fits my car my tools and much more
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY!! In the Garage! Reply with quote

Always nice to have room in the garage! I really need to get mine cleaned up again!

BTW, I really like bright green on a Thing... If/when I ever get to painting mine, I'll either go to the factory original yellow color, or if I change it, then it'd very likely be to bright green! Possibly as a match to the Wild Westerner.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: