Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GO DODGERS!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Welp, Dodgers up 1-0. A Kershaw-bullpen masterpiece and Turner once again. 100+ degree heat and all. We'll see how well Verlander holds up tomorrow. Until then, signing off from the current hellhole known as SoCal...
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Woohoo! Turner does it again, and Kershaw excised his playoff demons!

Tomorrow is another day... Verlander is always dominating, and Hill can be vulnerable at times. Should be a real white-knuckler.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

MLB has really evolved into a HR league, hasn't it ???? Lots of strikeouts, lots of runs coming off HRs.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

^^^True that.
Kershaw showed again he is the best in MLB. Dominate.
I'm never confident in Rich Hill...but if he has the curve ball going tonight he will be tough to hit. Verlander has been really good. Hope his girl ends up on tv tonight Embarassed If Houston does not get this one it could be a quick series.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Kershaw can freakin pitch. Can't wait for tonight's game

Go STROS!
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

All tied up!
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Houston wins the series in 4 straight now after that thrilling comeback game for the ages. Book it.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

After my softball doubleheader last night, heard the 9th and top of 10th on radio, saw the end at home on TV.

Like my friend - who pitched for the Astros 5 years in the 1970s - says, has become a game of HRs and strikeouts !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

my wifes out there in the Oceanside area.....she says thats all she hears and all thats on the tube most of the tyme too. go figure. and the UGA Dawgs are #3!!! go dogs!!!!! my dog graduated last year, I miss seeing my kid on the field..but I still watch any way.
I saw the mets&braves 2 years ago...gladd we got tickets cheep.none of them looked like thay wanted to be there playing. but they were just outstanding in their field....doing very little of nothing. how boring. hope the games out there are better.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Houston wins the series in 4 straight now after that thrilling comeback game for the ages. Book it.

I don't think we have the pitching staff to do that, but I can hope
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

ccpalmer wrote:
All tied up!

8 heart attacks later - ugh! That game was brutal

GO STROS!
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

It's a new series, hopefully my Dodgers will tough up like they have all year.
Two great curveball pitchers Friday... we may see a different style of hitting/running in that game.

Last edited by KTPhil on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

That was a really good game, neither team would accept defeat. The good in sports. Nice to enjoy baseball on a summer type night on TV. Standing tickets in the upper deck are running $700, $10K for down near the field. The bad in sports.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
^^^True that.
I'm never confident in Rich Hill...but if he has the curve ball going tonight he will be tough to hit. Verlander has been really good. Hope his girl ends up on tv tonight Embarassed If Houston does not get this one it could be a quick series.

I love and respect Kershaw but to be the best in the MLB you should have at least one WS ring.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
c21darrel wrote:
^^^True that.

I love and respect Kershaw but to be the best in the MLB you should have at least one WS ring.

Concur if the sport was tennis or more individual sport. Baseball, basketball... is a team sport. Elgin Baylor, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone...no rings. Barry Bonds, Dale Murphy, Don Sutton, Edgar Martinez, Dick Allen, Biggio and Bagwell, Don Mattingly, Carlton Fisk, Mike Piazza, Robin Yount, McCovey, RodCarew, Ted Williams, Ty Cobb...no World Series rings.
He may or may not get one in 2017. It wont change his #'s over the last 5 years. Disclosure, I'm an Angeleno. Very Happy
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

I sure hope tonight's game is more like last night, less like wednesday. It was a great game but I don't know if I could handle another one
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Fantastic last-inning comeback for the Dodgers! Series is evened up now. Each side knows it can be vulnerable, and can win in the other's park. It's a best of three series now, with two at home for my Dodgers.

One thing they cannot do is assume Kershaw will save them... they still have to HIT like last night late. The Dodgers have a history of resting behind great pitching. Here's an old story from my youth:

Once Dodgers great Don Drysdale, away from the team for a day, had a
fellow approach with this news: "Sandy Koufax pitched a no-hitter!"

Drysdale asked, "Did we win?"
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Wow, that was a hell of a game. Go 'stro's!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:

One thing they cannot do is assume Kershaw will save them... they still have to HIT like last night late. The Dodgers have a history of resting behind great pitching. Here's an old story from my youth:

" Kershaw leads all active hurlers with a career regular-season ERA of 2.36; in the postseason, Kershaw's ERA bounds to 4.21 through 18 starts and four relief appearances."

HamburgerBrad wrote:

c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Embarassed ^^

That game was completely unexpected. Kershaw and Keuchel both bounced early and Kenley Jansen giving up the winning run. I would have expected a low scoring game, 25 runs? Clearly the 2 best teams in baseball came to play.
Verlander and Hill coming up. Verlander will pitch until his arm falls off.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: