Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Its baaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!

SAVE THE DATE!!!! Father's Day Sunday June 17 2018
We are bringing back the terryville bug affair
Same great show ,new date
With the help of Chuck Pisconski and the terryville lions club the ctvwa is excited to bring back a favorite annual vw show to CT
Camping ,swap meet and show
Stay tuned for more details
Volunteers needed

more details to follow but mark your calendar now

ctvwa
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

wow! that's fantastic!

what do you need help with? the show is an hour+ from me, but if I can help remotely I will be more than happy to see what I can do

glad it's coming back!

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

We will know more on a few weeks after we have a club meeting but most of the help will be needed on that weekend

ctvwa
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

If it was up to me, get rid of the camping at the show.And have a no judging car show. Keep the show simple to run.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
If it was up to me, get rid of the camping at the show.And have a no judging car show. Keep the show simple to run.

Glad it's not up to you.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

Stanagon wrote:

Glad it's not up to you.

X2. pre-show party is where it's at. plus some of the best swap deals are had that night too Very Happy

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
If it was up to me, get rid of the camping at the show.

Curious why ??

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:

Curious why ??

Here is a quote from, skills

People's expectations are high...."camping" all of a sudden seems to include a shower, a/c and a flat screen (so it seems) and a gut truck serving a 4 course dinner.....and people bitch about the 15-20.00 camping fee...then the entry fee to get in the next day...I saw Chuck suffer this bullshit year after year. then you have the guys that would brag about not paying....yet eat 6 plates of food, it's no wonder why Chuck called it quits.

02/76 Beetle sedan
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
crukab wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:

Curious why ??

Here is a quote from, skills

People's expectations are high...."camping" all of a sudden seems to include a shower, a/c and a flat screen (so it seems) and a gut truck serving a 4 course dinner.....and people bitch about the 15-20.00 camping fee...then the entry fee to get in the next day...I saw Chuck suffer this bullshit year after year. then you have the guys that would brag about not paying....yet eat 6 plates of food, it's no wonder why Chuck called it quits.

and you'd be correct, I did indeed say that when I was toying with the idea of hosting the show on the farm. the more I thought about it, the more chuck and his stories popped into my head, plus just witnessing what people expected.

I don't do well with ingrate's. the first negative comment I heard would have been the last. I will be the first to admit I deal with stupidity very poorly. were I to be a front man for a show it really wouldn't go well. my customer service is fantastic...until it isn't Very Happy

in all of the years of attending the shows the only 2 "issues" I had were 1) the bathrooms closing early (that's what piss jugs are for...it's camping after all) and 2) was the over the top bathroom attendant practically shoving the tip jar in your face while you're draining the tank. (here buddy, I have a tip for ya)

other than that, I have had no problems. it's typically the hipster crowd or the first time "campers" with princess wives and children that do the bitching. overall, chuck did a fantastic job over the years and I am happy to see he will pass the torch.

i just find it funny how people complain about the entry fees etc....it's a drop in the bucket for a fun weekend

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

ok people let's keep this on a positive note ,yes there have been issues in the past and they will be addressed ,some things will change and some things are part of the deal of renting the facility and won't
we have seen what has worked and things we would like to do differently but overall chuck ran a great show and we want to honor that
so if you have ideas we welcome the input but like mom always said
if you don't have anything good to say then don't Surprised
more details to follow as we have planning meetings

ctvwa
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

No negativity here...it was always a fantastic show and I am sure it will continue to be that way. Over the years people have traveled far and wide to attend

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Over the years people have traveled far and wide to attend

yup, and one of the bigger 'draws' for me was that there was on-site camping the night before. whether i travelled 700 miles or 2500+ miles to get there, i always knew i could spend a relaxed evening with friends i saw maybe once or twice a year, the night before the "real" event.

don't get rid of the camping.

really looking forward to this new incarnation of Litchfield Bug-In and Terryville coming back.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Over the years people have traveled far and wide to attend

yup, and one of the bigger 'draws' for me was that there was on-site camping the night before. whether i travelled 700 miles or 2500+ miles to get there, i always knew i could spend a relaxed evening with friends i saw maybe once or twice a year, the night before the "real" event.

don't get rid of the camping.

really looking forward to this new incarnation of Litchfield Bug-In and Terryville coming back.

Don't worry, they won't get rid of camping at the show. They just need to find someone like Chuck, to deal with the BS, for the next 28 years or so. Smile

02/76 Beetle sedan
thewalrus
Big Jack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Glad the shows back! Cool

So just to be clear, is this at the Terryville Fairgrounds but on Father's Day like Litchfield was?
60vwnewengland wrote:
Looking forward to next weekend, weed, krunk juice, hookers, blow, hanging with bums, philly, ...the awards!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Yes terryville but on Father’s Day

ctvwa
caseydenise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

President of Central Jersey Volkswagen Society here and all I have to say is I am VERY happy to hear this news. We need all the big show's we can get here in the North East.
Camping- YES.
Thank you and if you need any help just ask me. I would be willing to help at the show and will be camping for sure. I could even judge some cars for you or help park.

To anyone complaining about camping, stay home. I always bring my family and dog and we always enjoy the entire weekend.

Thanks again for organizing!!!!
caseydenise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville bug affair back for 2018 CT Reply with quote

Stanagon wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:

Glad it's not up to you.

Laughing
orangebug60guy
Twin #1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

As far as camping is concerned when I went to Flanders for the first time, do what they did. Make a "quiet camping" area for people who don't want to "party". I like quiet camping. Sometimes I like party camping.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

orangebug60guy wrote:
As far as camping is concerned when I went to Flanders for the first time, do what they did. Make a "quiet camping" area for people who don't want to "party". I like quiet camping. Sometimes I like party camping.

X2 !
Always on the party side at Flanders unless I took my daughter...then I understood the beauty of the quiet side. Very Happy
That setup would provide what campers are looking for...For at least 95% of people anyway.
Pay no mind to the other 5%
They'd bitch if you gave them a winning lottery ticket ~

Haven't been to a Terryville CT show for a while, but glad to hear it's coming back !
Always was a great time and lots of fun camping.

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

President of the VW Club of Central NY here.
and also SOO glad this has come back, though I haven't made it myself in a few years (we have a local Euro show we attend here).
I'll echo it's very important to the hobby to have these larger venue VW events.
I used to take my father to this show each year when he was alive.. and we always enjoyed the event and variety even after a 5hr middle of the night drive.

I'll also echo Skills and others on the fun and tribulations of 'hosting' a GTG and the 1 or 2 asshats that make you reconsider the event, though there are dozens of other greatly behaved VW people there... it can be hard to let things slide..

though as an event host.. It would bug me if the bathrooms 'closed' I mean WTH.. I know a whole bunhca peeps need that midnight or 2am walk.. be they drinking or just a small bladder.. get a johnny on the spot at least.. they're $75/wkend for our event.. and we do that to shorten the walk for those who bring their older or younger family members..

I'll get off my soapbox and will be pleased to pass that this is back on for those in our area who like to attend.

thanks to all that do.... thing for the hobby and hobbyists.

Dan in Syracuse
President VW club of Central NY.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: