Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New wheels
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ischias
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: New wheels Reply with quote

I want to fit Replica Fuchs 7"-17" with bolt pattern 5/112, on my vw 412 wagon.
Any good advise how to do?
Jan.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: New wheels Reply with quote

Take a look in the 411 and 412 forum in the Shoptalk forums. Look for posts from Wally from the Netherlands from about 6-8 years ago. He had a two door 412.....cheddar yellow....with gold snowflake rims from a Porsche 928. I beleive they were 7" x 16".
He had lots of details about how he did everything before he sold the car. Very nice car! Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ischias
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: New wheels Reply with quote

Thanks Ray:)
ubercrap
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: New wheels Reply with quote

Believe that Finnish guy racing the gold 412 coupe was running 5x112 low offset wheels. Can't remember the exact setup, a lot of custom fabricated stuff-was he running redrilled/turned down stock discs as front hubs? Can't quite remember. Definitely custom disc setup at the rear. Wally I think was using adapters up front and maybe redrilled hubs and spacers at the rear- custom rear disc setup I think as well. Anyway, he was running staggered Porsche classics in17 inch with high offsets, making adapters a possibility.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: