Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

81 1.6 diesel pickup stalling after timing belt change
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
t3rrybmx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 81 1.6 diesel pickup stalling after timing belt change Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
t3rrybmx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 81 1.6 diesel pickup stalling after timing belt change Reply with quote

In other news my interior came out good. Got 2017 Chevy Cruze adjustable leather seats mounted in. Some guy who works at GM was throwing them out down the street from me. Guys at the paint shop mixed up a vinyl paint so the doorcards match. whole new floor and cross support. the other cross member was to high for the seats plus it was to far gone. Looks good and the seats slide all the way forward and are height adjustable.
t3rrybmx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 81 1.6 diesel pickup stalling after timing belt change Reply with quote

ok so i went to retime the truck today. like i said before the belt was riding to the side of the injection pump pulley. So I take the belt off and wiggle around the injection pump pulley, its got a lot of play in it. So what, a bearing is shot? Also i took the nut off the pulley and the gear slid over what would seem to be the exact amount it needs to be to be in the correct position. So when I tighten the nut back up the gear slides in closer to the injection pump arm or mounting plate or whatever you want to call it. That doesnt seem correct as when tightened down its no more than a mm from the mounting plate. Im going to start searching on the forums now unless some one wants to point me in the right direction. Thanks
t3rrybmx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 81 1.6 diesel pickup stalling after timing belt change Reply with quote

Everything Im reading is saying its the IP mainshaft bearing. Any info on how to replace that? Thanks
t3rrybmx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 81 1.6 diesel pickup stalling after timing belt change Reply with quote

truck runs thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: