Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Old DKP Driver Chris?
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

After another hiatus by TCash being posted here,
It makes me worry about Old DKP Chris.

I was trying to call him, and left a couple of messages,
He hasn't been on the Samba in over two months.

Any of you regulars heard from him?
Xevin?
Tim?

I could see him hiding from me, no doubt.
People delete my messages all the time..
Wink
But for him to not log onto the Samba??

What’s That Noise?!?
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

I have been thinking of him all week. I know he has plans on moving and thought maybe he's been distracted. He didn't hit me back on the text I sent him last month after he called me. Thought for sure you in touch with him. Ah shit. I hope all is well. Chris is such a good guy.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

I think he is friends with desertbusman. It's been some time since I called dbm. I'll give him a ring after work and ask.
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

I bought parts form him back in July and that was part of his cleaning out in preparation to move.
Perhaps he is still settling in, took me over a year to get settled in my new place, 2 years actually and I still have a ton to do. Stalled MY bus project that's for sure.
Anyways as of 3 months ago he was alive, that's good right? Very Happy

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

I would guess that he is part of the mass middle class exodus out of CA. Taxes, fees, and prices have escalated here the last few years.
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
I would guess that he is part of the mass middle class exodus out of CA. Taxes, fees, and prices have escalated here the last few years.

I left SoCal in '59, but in the 80's I bought a '69 camper and keep it there for ski trips.

Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

I just got off the phone with Desertbusman (the older members know him, the newbees not so much) and he is doing very well. We talked for about an hour. I asked him about Chris (I don't know Chris) as he speaks with Chris often. He says Old DKP dude is doing fine, he has been very busy but doing fine.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:

Add ridiculous traffic to that list.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

I’m pretty sure all those leaving Cali are moving to small towns in Colorado. Getting involved with the city council and trying to make it just like Cali.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

Yesssssss keep spreading the hate. Keeps the tourists away from my quaint beach town.

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
I’m pretty sure all those leaving Cali are moving to small towns in Colorado. Getting involved with the city council and trying to make it just like Cali.

happening here too rich. I can't wait for the day for #calexit or it just snaps off and floats away.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:

Unfortunately, those that leave tend to try to make the new cities that they move to just like the one they couldn't afford to stay in.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Yesssssss keep spreading the hate. Keeps the tourists away from my quaint beach town.

Robbie

I dunno. My childhood had vacant lots on the Balboa Peninsula. This summer I left Gary's house and drove PCH to Laguna. Didn't see much 'quaintness' but certainly saw plenty of Kalifornication.

Bah...! None of it's affordable anyway. Good thing I have a Westy. Pee in their neatly manicured bushes and throw my poo bag in their Recycling Bin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:

THIS IS TRUTH. Denver’s pace and expense at development and infrastructural growth is mirrored from California advancements.
Living there for 3 years, and talking with old timers, this “change” began in the mid-90’s...I don’t know how my friends are juggling it all while living there, and then I see my buddy Clark in Hawaii on vaca...

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:

happening here too rich. I can't wait for the day for #calexit or it just snaps off and floats away.

Im thankful its 1/6 of the GDP, and growing at 2x the national average, and helps us NYers bail out the rest of the 36 states that don't carry their weight. See Tax Foundation. Reality hurts, sometimes.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Robbie

That's never going to happen. I'm surprised So-Cal hasn't required the purchase of a daily wrist band to use the beach yet. Like every other attraction in So-Cal. Californians don't seem to like Oregon. Dismal beaches with needles and trash, zero surfing of any kind, Gang violence, rude people, rain 12 months a year, blizzards, tornadoes, earthquakes, crappy beer, greasy bland food, over priced cocktails, Horrible mass transit, 15% sales tax, the list goes on Shhh Better to just keep going north to Seattle, it's the Emerald City Very Happy
(People with ACVWs and California Homless seem to like it Cool

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:

I'd move there if it would be like South Park comes alive. A hot tub full of KFC gravy is one of my dreams. Laughing
lil-jinx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

Enough interstate hate.
1968 Dune Buggy
1974 parts bus
A smart man learns from his mistakes,a very smart man learns from other's mistakes.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

lil-jinx wrote:
Enough interstate hate.

naaa - this time California deserves it. The values a select few are being forced onto everyone else while we are being billed for the brainwashing. California makes promises it can't keep, or pay for, and then tries to blame everyone else. There is a lot of anger here right now towards government in general over these problems. If Chris escaped it good for him.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Old DKP Driver Chris? Reply with quote

I left California in the early 90's. There was a waiting list for U-hauls which I went on. They were paying big money to folks to fly to Colorado, Arizona and other SW states to drive the U-hauls back.

Growing up in the SD area, I hardly recognize certain parts anymore. It's SSOO overgrown IMHO. It's still a beautiful in the San Diego and you can't beat the weather.

The long time California people are cashing out and bailing. They are selling there houses and taking their huge equity proceeds to other, more affordable states. They then buy a new house for a 1/4 of what the sold their old home in California for.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: