Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thieves at VW show?
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Thieves at VW show? Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been posted, I don't like thieves. Fast forward to 1:30

Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Thieves at VW show? Reply with quote

I had the antenna delete plug stolen at a show.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Thieves at VW show? Reply with quote

I would have found the kid and made him watch as I took the car and smashed his fathers teeth in for suggesting he just take it. the appropriate response to "I want it" is get a job kid. or like my grandmother use to say to me...it's healthy to want

and to the twatflap with the "it's kind of smelly" go back to your 2018 bug

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Thieves at VW show? Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I would have found the kid and made him watch as I took the car and smashed his fathers teeth in for suggesting he just take it. the appropriate response to "I want it" is get a job kid. or like my grandmother use to say to me...it's healthy to want

and to the twatflap with the "it's kind of smelly" go back to your 2018 bug

Well said, get a damn job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Thieves at VW show? Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
the appropriate response to "I want it" is get a job kid.
Skills is right... I would never just take something. I want a bus... Skills and all the other guys kept saying get a job and you can have one. I'm constantly looking for ways to earn money now so I can have a bus. Taking a bus isn't as easy as taking that car though Laughing
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Wayne S. Johnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Thieves at VW show? Reply with quote

The time is long overdue to deal with all the scum sucking thieves.

Link

79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Thieves at VW show? Reply with quote

The son asks the father to get him a R/C model like the one in the bus. The father says, "Just take that one," and the son answers "But they're filming." So if there was no camera, would the son have taken it? Was the father just kidding? We'll never know.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Thieves at VW show? Reply with quote

I attended the 1991 Bug-O-Rama in Chandler.
When my wife and I were leaving there was a young man filling out a stolen goods report with a peace officer. As we passed by I overheard the young fella telling the PO that the thieves made off with his Snow Flake tail lights, housings and all. The dude was even more upset that the thieving bastards cut the tail light wires rater than unhooking the wire connectors.

I felt bad for the guy. His biggest problem was that he was concerned about driving home without brake, turn or tail lights.

What I find sad is the fact that in the video the Dad was recommending his child steal from another person. Yea it was tempting for sure, since it was within easy reach and it only takes a moment to snatch it from the bus.

We have a weekly car show on Tuesday summer nights in my city. The last week of the shows are traditionally dedicated to VW's. One fellow brought his Westy and a couple of sweet Schwinn "Sting-Ray" bikes also a Westy Lego toy assembled and on top of the fridge inside the Westy. The bikes got locked up. The lego was another easy target. Nothing happened. But folks leave tempting targets out all the time at car shows.

You have to keep a watchful eye on your stuff at car shows.

Since the "Snow Flake" incident. I park inside the gate at car shows, rather than the general walk in parking fraught with the less than honest public browsing the parking lot looking for free parts from my car.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Thieves at VW show? Reply with quote

shane red wrote:
Sorry if this has been posted, I don't like thieves. Fast forward to 1:30

In the words of the well-respected Daffy Duck: despicable !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Earl 78 westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Thieves at VW show? Reply with quote

"It's kinda smelly" Laughing

check out my stuff on ebay....
http://www.ebay.com/sch/simplefundesigns/m.html?_n...ksid=p3686

Wayne S. Johnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Thieves at VW show? Reply with quote

I found out who was vandalizing my mail, he tossed my VW restoration book in the spa. I told the him the police put the guilty boy in jail for 10 years. He now lives with the guilt of having caused a innocent boy to go to jail for his crime.

I made a latch inside my mail box with a solenoid to open the latch. I connect a battery to two insulated mounting bolts to open the mail box.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: