Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear speaker wiring
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hylomatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Rear speaker wiring Reply with quote

I bought the set of things shop speakers. The front ones are in lickety split with no trouble. The rear ones pop into the cubby holes on both sides of the rear luggage area.

I'm not quite sure how to get the wiring through the body without cutting. I can start feeding wire through some crevices in that area but I can't quite figure out how I'm going to get that wire back out.

Can someone give me some ideas or tell me what you did or maybe even a picture or two?

Is it possible to run these wires the way I've tried to? I was thinking I would run them down the rear diagonal area of the rear doors and then fetch them from under the seat where there already some small holes on the inner rocker panels. Or that I couldn't somehow get the wire from that cubby hole through the body to the tunnel and then I could drill a quarter inch hole up near the front of the cabin and pull the speaker wire straight up to the back of the stereo.[/code]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Rear speaker wiring Reply with quote

I ran my rear speaker wires by the tunnel and underneath the rear seats up to the package tray area. I just put them in a black wire loom.
hylomatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Rear speaker wiring Reply with quote

Yeah I'm starting to think that would be much easier. 2 hours of feeding and refeeding wire last night and I got nowhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear speaker wiring Reply with quote

Ha ha, my Thing doesn't even have a radio at all!

Though fairly recently I've had thoughts of doing a few things to turn it into a bit more of a "real" car, like add a top and windows...

Maybe then a radio, too!

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: