Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1970 rear seat tie-tie down strap hook
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
markj60616
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: 1970 rear seat tie-tie down strap hook Reply with quote

I'm looking to re-install my rear seat tie-down strap to add to my car's original look. I have everything except the hook circled here. I've been looking on Samba, Ebay, and swap meets for quite awhile with no luck. Can anyone help me?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

original engine

1978 Type 2 Panel Bus
original engine 2.0L FI

2014 Beetle 2.5L
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 rear seat tie-tie down strap hook Reply with quote

Put in a WTB ad in the 1968 and Up Samba Classifieds. Show the picture. You'll get results.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
ricaroo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 rear seat tie-tie down strap hook Reply with quote

Can you use parts from any one
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111885741A

Rick
markj60616
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 rear seat tie-tie down strap hook Reply with quote

Thanks, guys, for the replies. I am aware of the Wolfsburg West version of the strap. It's my plan B if I can't get a used period correct hook for my original one. I posted a WTB ad on the classifieds page so thanks again for the advice!
original engine

1978 Type 2 Panel Bus
original engine 2.0L FI

2014 Beetle 2.5L
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markj60616
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1970 rear seat tie-tie down strap hook Reply with quote

I just purchased the piece from someone who answered my WTB ad. I'm about to go remove the ad. Thanks again.

I will post a photo of the strap installed on the back of my seat when I get it in place.

Aside: I'm not sure why I decided to put it back in place...it kind of looks weird just "stuck" on the back of the seat like that in it's stowed position...I actually like the look of the seat better without it! However, I don't see too many Beetles with their original interiors also with the original strap back there so I feel it would be cool for people to see and it would be a talking point.
original engine

1978 Type 2 Panel Bus
original engine 2.0L FI

2014 Beetle 2.5L
markj60616
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 rear seat tie-tie down strap hook Reply with quote

Rear seat tie-down strap (with proper period correct clip obtained through Samba member) in its "stowed" position behind seat:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

original engine

1978 Type 2 Panel Bus
original engine 2.0L FI

2014 Beetle 2.5L
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: