Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Topic: "You married guys will understand this"
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

The married guys here will nod their heads, and relate 100%.

Mrs. Cusser went to the grocery store yesterday. I got home from being at my place up north on Monday afternoon, Mrs. Cusser shows me a 3-inch piece of clear plastic, and says "it broke off the refrigerator bin".
See http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2742&d=1510095501.jpg

I open up the refrigerator and see where Mrs. Cusser has crammed a long hunk of celery into the crisper bin, was several inches too long so it couldn't close, and there's something not fitting in the right corner which broke off the corner of the acrylic/polysterene bin, either by trying to force it, or closing the door on it when the bin/drawer obviously was not closed properly, see un-staged photo below. By the way, she has busted this before, and replacement upper crisper bin in like $75 shipped, and the lower one is no longer available. And Mrs. Cusser is no dummy, has master's degree, but she sure gets pi$$ed off when she can't get things to work, that's for sure.
See http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2743&d=1510095668.jpg

You can see in the photo additionally a reinforcement plate I had already riveted to this bin/drawer to repair it a few weeks ago. She also did not seat a bin in the freezer section, so that door did not close completely and that frosted up.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Links are not working.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Maybe she wants a new larger capacity refrigerator?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Yep, clearly it's time for a new fridge, and most likely a full kitchen reno as well, careful, it's a slippery slope.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Yep, I understand completely. My wife, and my family for that matter, thinks you can slam things, twist things hard, jump on things, etc., etc. and then wonders why its broken only to leave me to fix it.

I try to tell them everything in life must be handled gently but I still run around fixing things.

Let me know when you want to start talking about cooking..... Very Happy
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

And let me add this little story about fixing things -

I'm in the garage which adjoins the kitchen. My wife opens the door and says "The dishwasher is leaking everywhere!" I hear the dishwasher running so I tell her "Turn it off!"

I would have thought that would have been the first thing to do but I guess guys and girls are wired differently....
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

And then a range and dishwasher to match it ("black is so yesterday"). And she'd break new drawers/bins in a new refrigerator the same way !!! Just like the crammed so many dishes into the dishwasher that the coating on the little "fingers" broke, and then they all rusted; luckily last year at the re-sale builder supply by me I bought a used dishwasher with same two racks in perfect condition for $28, and just used the racks (and saved the rest for spare parts). Those racks new are also about $100 each.

bigdog1962 wrote:
Yep, I understand completely. My wife, and my family for that matter, thinks you can slam things, twist things hard, jump on things, etc., etc. and then wonders why its broken only to leave me to fix it.

I try to tell them everything in life must be handled gently but I still run around fixing things.

Let me know when you want to start talking about cooking..... Very Happy

You understand pretty well.

bigdog1962 wrote:
And let me add this little story about fixing things -

I'm in the garage which adjoins the kitchen. My wife opens the door and says "The dishwasher is leaking everywhere!" I hear the dishwasher running so I tell her "Turn it off!"

I would have thought that would have been the first thing to do but I guess guys and girls are wired differently....

Recently had a dishwasher leak - oversudsing. Mrs. Cusser thought 2 packets of detergent would be better, so was doing that. It turned out to be a bad 4" seal ($20) and to get rid of sudsing detergent residue (I used table salt for that and empty loads).
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

As told by my 50yo single service mngr, they all look normal but they are batshit crazy.
Fast, reliable, cheap. Pick2.
Ps, my orange countertops are coming back in.
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

mrs.slave1pilot is very good about taking care of things. She grew up dirt poor and appreciates everything she has. But accidents happen, and I get it.

my daughter and granddaughter on the other hand...
not so much.LOL

We have a belief system around here though:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

and I do my very best to fix everything.
However one time my granddaughter (who was about 3 at the time) found a dead bird on the front walk and brought it to my attention for me to fix. So, I pretended to do bring it back from the dead . I the lied to a child and told her it flew away.
I felt it was a little early to deal with mortality and saved that for a later date.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

No revelations here- y'all have just described every day of my week.

The honorable Mrs. Hitest hijacked my special time at the end of my work day where I strip my mechanics clothes in the breezeway and retire to the comfort height Toto toilet with my Sudoku puzzle and pen...

The subject: the whistle the furnace was making. After listening to what sounded like a combination of Jamie Lee Curtis at the Haddonfield Memorial Hospital and the service desk at Walmart on Black Friday- I went downstairs to try to hear the other noise. I noted the whistle, pushed against the service door ever-so-lightly with one hand and gently tightened two thumbscrews with the other.

With horrendous whistle gone and danger averted- I continued to my bathroom.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:
As told by my 50yo single service mngr, they all look normal but they are batshit crazy.
Fast, reliable, cheap. Pick2.
Ps, my orange countertops are coming back in.

My buddy says, "they're all sisters". You won't understand that until you have more days in your rearview mirror then out the windshield.

He also has another saying but it's a little to crude so I won't share that one.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Links are not working.

Then try this link, I posted same there. http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/showthread.php/15350-Kudos-again-for-Appliance-Guy-!!!

OMG !! Tonight, after Mrs. Cusser left for dog agility class, I opened the refrigerator to get my dinner (taco Tuesday !!) and once again the SAME drawer bin was about 2 inches from being closed, so door couldn't close. And similar on the freezer side !!!

Again - you married guys understand this !
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Remove the drawer. It won't happen again.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

My better half had been complaining about the old refrigerator & found a "good deal" on a new one. She shelled out $3,200 ("but it lists at $7,300") & told me it was to be delivered. The tractor trailer truck came & the delivery crew consisted of a 50 something 6'2" guy & a 4'10" Hispanic lady armed with "as seen on TV" Forearm Forklift. This damned fridge is about 78" tall, 36" wide & 38" deep & it was quite humorous watching the lady get sucked under the fridge every time the guy tried to pick up his side of this gleaming stainless steel monolith.

After 10 minutes, I offered them my hand truck & then watched them try to maneuver this 350-400# monstrosity the 300' from the street to the door just knowing one of them was going to resemble roadkill should they not be able to control the movement of this mortuary cooler.

Then came the reality that a 38" deep fridge wasn't going to fit through a 36" front door Evil or Very Mad so I had to remove all four 4" thick doors just to get it in the house & it sat in the front hall for two weeks while I prepped the rest of the house for it's final resting spot...

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Hmm Mrs Cusser get upset...well do not want to be around when that happens. We will be changing out the fridge eventually...no broken drawers yet. Want the top fridge and bottom freezer.
Simple repair remove drawer or leave notes, reminders is the drawer in the correct position.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
My better half had been complaining about the old refrigerator & found a "good deal" on a new one. She shelled out $3,200

For $3200, there better be a great set of uncovered boobs inside when you open the doors !!!

A 25 CF side by side refrigerator/freezer goes for about $900. When I bought ours a decade ago, I didn't realize that "today's" refrigerators are taller, about 70", so I had to shorten the above-refrigerator cabinet in my 1979 home so it would fit.

Gordon - in my case Mrs. Cusser would want stainless steel, and then want the black dishwasher, range, microwave replaced with stainless steel ones to match. Last week when I repaired the 30+ year old dryer (that we purchased used in 1988) with new $10 pair of front glides, she again brought up getting a new dryer. Of course dryer technology has changed very little over the years except for stuff being made much cheaper these days, and when I bought a new washer like 15 years ago she had asked about a matching dryer !!! Washers and dryers "live" in a laundry room, a garage, behind doors, or even outside, why would they ever need to match anyway?

And why does a water heater claim advantage of no-fingerprint surface, when these live in hidden spaces as well? The Cuss just doesn't get it.
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

No wonder you all are Grumpy Old Men...

I found this very humorous, single at 27. How do you fellas keep from banging your head into a stone wall?

FWIW, I sell appliances and they are crazy high, service technicians are expensive and mostly non-knowledgeable guys, but it is a known fact that the two-decade appliance lifespans are certainly over.

Whatever you do, buy them from Home Depot, I need my stock to keep going up, so when I am fortunate enough to become a grumpy old man like you guys, I can at least have some money...wait...don’t tell me that becomes a part of the his/her is ours as well...

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

"Matching washer and dryer..." I don't get it either but then again I don't understand half of what she says/wants. I've sort of given up on trying to understand and just go with the flow.

SamboSamba22 - I used to not understand about grumpy old men either. Heck, the movie came out and I still didn't quite get it. You will, though, with time young man. Very Happy I get it now!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
"Matching washer and dryer..." I don't get it either

In car terms, do you want your driver's and passenger seats to match?
Why does it matter as long as you can sit on it? Smile

Or matching fenders...
Don't make your kitchen look like this:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

In car terms, do you want your driver's and passenger seats to match?
Why does it matter as long as you can sit on it? Smile

Or matching fenders...
Don't make your kitchen look like this:

When it comes to appliances, most guys couldn't give a flying f*%&.. If it keeps the beer cold or warms up the leftovers, I would care if the stove was "Harvest Gold", the fridge was "Avocado", & the dishwasher was "Bisque". In a couple more years, the brushed stainless fridge will look as dated as the 'Almond" one that it replaced.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: