Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Topic: "You married guys will understand this"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Bob Loblaw wrote:
Kinda like how mine always mows the lawn. She says she enjoys it. But I'm sure it was that one pass I made through the flower beds that one time.

Win win.

I have vague recollection about a line of seedlings my mother planted and used little green wire arches like croquet hoops to mark them so dad would not run them over with the mower.
Sure enough, mower ate the wire arches, got all bound up, seedlings destroyed, dad caught hell.
Turned out dad was color blind and couldn't see the green wire hoops. She had forgotten about that.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
And how you don't help decorate the Christmas tree but when you do, you don't do it right - you don't put the ornaments in the right place?

How you don't help with the Christmas shopping but if you do, you get the wrong thing?

That's right up there with her complaining about having to do the dishes by herself (loading them into the dishwasher.) but when I try to load it, she takes it all back out & puts them back in her peculiar (particular) way.

Why should I waste either of our time by loading it.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
That's right up there with her complaining about having to do the dishes by herself (loading them into the dishwasher.) but when I try to load it, she takes it all back out & puts them back in her peculiar (particular) way.

Exactly the same here, think TDCTDI is married to Mrs. Cusser's clone. Funny how Mrs. Cusser doesn't "check" the dishes for cleanliness before she returns them to the cabinets.

She actually bent/broke so many of the dishwasher rack prongs (once cracked, they rust out readily) by cramming too many plates in there, on both racks. It turns out that two replacement racks cost nearly as much as a new dishwasher !!! So I bought a used dishwasher for $28 at the local home furnishing charity recycle store that used the same racks - and were nice - just for the racks. With the kids out of the house, we do have less dishes to do now anyway, so the replacement rack has held up.

So now Mrs. Cusser has a nice rack.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:

Exactly the same here, think TDCTDI is married to Mrs. Cusser's clone. Funny how Mrs. Cusser doesn't "check" the dishes for cleanliness before she returns them to the cabinets.

She actually bent/broke so many of the dishwasher rack prongs (once cracked, they rust out readily) by cramming too many plates in there, on both racks. It turns out that two replacement racks cost nearly as much as a new dishwasher !!! So I bought a used dishwasher for $28 at the local home furnishing charity recycle store that used the same racks - and were nice - just for the racks. With the kids out of the house, we do have less dishes to do now anyway, so the replacement rack has held up.

So now Mrs. Cusser has a nice rack.

...and you have a parts washer for the workshop!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:
And how you don't help decorate the Christmas tree but when you do, you don't do it right - you don't put the ornaments in the right place?

How you don't help with the Christmas shopping but if you do, you get the wrong thing?

holy shit!!! triplets!!! thats my wife too Shocked
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Last night, after showing me a picture on her phone of some jewelry she wanted for Christmas -

Me: "Where can I get it?"
Her: "Let me show you on the computer."

After having difficulty finding it on the computer and getting frustrated she says:

Her: "I'll just find it later and order it myself."
Me (thinking I just got an easy way out): "okay"

Her (with even more frustration and in a snippy voice): "That's not what Christmas is about!" Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Me: "Never mind. I'll find it." Embarassed

What was I thinking (or not thinking)?

Women don't want to order their own presents. Me? I'm happy doing it so I know that I'll get what I want....
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

hmm... I never get what I want...but I get what I order.....sometimes.
we have each other what else could we really want?
hotsam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
Last night, after showing me a picture on her phone of some jewelry she wanted for Christmas -

Me: "Where can I get it?"
Her: "Let me show you on the computer."

After having difficulty finding it on the computer and getting frustrated she says:

Her: "I'll just find it later and order it myself."
Me (thinking I just got an easy way out): "okay"

Her (with even more frustration and in a snippy voice): "That's not what Christmas is about!" Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Me: "Never mind. I'll find it." Embarassed

What was I thinking (or not thinking)?

Women don't want to order their own presents. Me? I'm happy doing it so I know that I'll get what I want....

This reminds me of when my wife asks for gift cards for Christmas...I always think to myself that I should just reach into her purse and hand her her debit card...save us all a few steps.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

This morning I bought for Mrs. Cusser a Samsung wireless laser printer (black only). She has had to E-mail stuff to herself from IPad (and maybe phone) and open up the E-mail on a different computer to print. So I looked online, Frys Electronics had some at $100 and a larger capacity, duplex printing unit for $130, so got her the upgraded model. If I had to do 2-sided printing, I was able to print the odd-number pages, then feed the paper back through to get the evens. But even with Master's degree, that was too much, I'll settle if she could lock all three doors...

We already have a HP scanner that works fine, can't see ditching that to get an all-in-one machine right now.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

well..I hope you men's wives do not read all these posts about your 'complaints' - dishes to name among other things.

Just figure out what made her keep you all these years and keep working that angle. It is a good thing your spouses are not murderous. Laughing

Some men do not deserve the generosity of women. I for one cannot survive without a woman.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

Some men do not deserve the generosity of women. I for one cannot survive without a woman.

This is true. I didn't figure it out for a long time, but it is true.

Also, I am sure I could survive without a woman. But I really doubt I could thrive, or really live a whole life.

Damn, I sound like some sappy fucking self-help bullshit now. I need to go clean my .270 or something.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

There is a good reason they allowed women in the military. Laughing

I cannot imagine serving when there won't be any women. There will be a LOT of 'broke-back' going on. Laughing
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

The old saying...

Can't live with them and can't live without them.

I have found a way to live with mine for 25 years now.

I'm sure she has a list of "complaints" about me too!
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

I cannot imagine serving when there won't be any women. There will be a LOT of 'broke-back' going on. Laughing

Are you implying that women were allowed into the military for the sexual gratification of men? Seriously?

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
kinkerstinker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
It is a good thing your spouses are not murderous. Laughing

mine watches show like "women behind bars" and so on all the time. they're always about women who killed their husbands.

I sleep with one eye open.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

kinkerstinker wrote:
nsracing wrote:
It is a good thing your spouses are not murderous. Laughing

mine watches show like "women behind bars" and so on all the time. they're always about women who killed their husbands.

I sleep with one eye open.

We watch a lot of "The Husband Dit It Channel", also known as "The Investigative Discovery Channel". I'd say 95% of the time the husband, ex-husband, fiance, or boyfriend is the killer, one thing that males really excel at.

Mrs. Cusser is absolutely convinced that I've learned too much, and would get away with it, keeps her in check !!! She figures that I already visited the blunt instrument aisle of Home Depot years ago and paid in cash, and similar for disposable gloves, tarps, saws, garbage bags, bleach etc., in separate trips and stores. I've suggested that we should sell all that stuff as a kit/market that !
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
hmm... I never get what I want...but I get what I order.....sometimes.
we have each other what else could we really want?

Socks?
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
The old saying...

I have found a way to live with mine for 25 years now.

I'm sure she has a list of "complaints" about me too!

This one I'm sure of ("complaints" about me). But then after 37 years...
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

"don't ask, don't tell"

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
The old saying...

AL Bundy said it better.

"Women, Can't live with em... The end." Laughing

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 31

Jump to: