Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Topic: "You married guys will understand this"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

just because they are bitching and chewing your ass dosent mean they are not happy.some just like to so they think they are in total control.....control of what I havent a clue.
did you hear about the wife that told her husband the carburetor has water in it??? he said you daffy bitch you dont even know where the carburetor is!!! she replied " it's in the swimming pool with the rest of your car" Shocked
Frank Bassman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

My friend ended up in the emergency room the other day. Doctor said he got some irregular heart palpitations and was much better after some treatment... They told him it was stress related. Guess what? His wife is a huge nag, and would you just know every time she opened her mouth I was reading some counter related to the irregular rhythms they had on him and the number went higher and higher, and when she'd quit yapping it went down again.

I told him he definitely needs a divorce. She didn't think it was funny.

I'm not a doctor but... Laughing Laughing

-Frank
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Spezialist wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Spezialist wrote:
Single guys don’t have these issues.

True, and neither do amoeba. But they don't have thumbs. Being a married human male is much better.

Because married men die sooner?

Hint that’s a joke, since all of the oldest living men all died single and happy.

That reminds me of a joke I tell my wife.

Why do men die before their wives?

Because they want to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Saucy Jack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

I have a 28 year old daughter that explained it to me once, she said (and I quote) "daddy all women are batshit crazy, it just all depends at what level of crazy your with as to how long you last".......

78 SB CHAMPAGNE II
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Saucy Jack wrote:
I have a 28 year old daughter that explained it to me once, she said (and I quote) "daddy all women are batshit crazy, it just all depends at what level of crazy your with as to how long you last".......

Just make sure she’s crazy about you,
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Wife texted me to tell me that our daughter wanted to check out the Halloween store after she gets off work at 7:00. I asked if she was going to pick up the daughter after she’s done teaching Tae Kwon Do or if I needed to pick up the daughter. Wife then calls me because “it was too difficult to answer over text” & then went into a 15 minute explanation of what the daughter was doing, that some friends were supposed to bring their kid to class but if they didn’t, she would have to drop something off at their house and then blah, blah, blah...

After she was done I asked her again what the plan was, “I’ll just call you back around 7:30.”

We’ve been married for 21 years, you’d think that she’d realize that if she hasn’t gotten to the point in the first 2 minutes, I’ve already tuned her out.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Just think when you get old you could turn your hearing aid down and not have to even hear two minutes of gibberish 😀
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Link

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Wife texted me to tell me that our daughter wanted to check out the Halloween store after she gets off work at 7:00. I asked if she was going to pick up the daughter after she’s done teaching Tae Kwon Do or if I needed to pick up the daughter. Wife then calls me because “it was too difficult to answer over text” & then went into a 15 minute explanation of what the daughter was doing, that some friends were supposed to bring their kid to class but if they didn’t, she would have to drop something off at their house and then blah, blah, blah...

After she was done I asked her again what the plan was, “I’ll just call you back around 7:30.”

We’ve been married for 21 years, you’d think that she’d realize that if she hasn’t gotten to the point in the first 2 minutes, I’ve already tuned her out.

I worked with a gal named Jeri for over 35 years. Jeri would go on and on about things to the most minute detail, I used the term "jerimandering" as a take-off of gerrymander. Too often Mrs. Cusser goes on and on about horses, dogs, her friends that I don't know, children of those friends, their dogs and horses, etc, more jerimandering.

Friday morning my youngest daughter stopped in town, Mrs. Cusser drove her to the airport; Mrs. Cusser later told me that daughter droned on and on about her friends whom Mrs. Cusser did not know, and very involved details, and Mrs. Cusser didn't like that !!! What a surprise when the shoe is on the other foot !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:

I worked with a gal named Jeri for over 35 years. Jeri would go on and on about things to the most minute detail, I used the term "jerimandering" as a take-off of gerrymander. Too often Mrs. Cusser goes on and on about horses, dogs, her friends that I don't know, children of those friends, their dogs and horses, etc, more jerimandering.

Friday morning my youngest daughter stopped in town, Mrs. Cusser drove her to the airport; Mrs. Cusser later told me that daughter droned on and on about her friends whom Mrs. Cusser did not know, and very involved details, and Mrs. Cusser didn't like that !!! What a surprise when the shoe is on the other foot !!!

My Wife: Me
jerimandering for 30 seconds: Yes Honey
jerimandering for 1 minute after that: Ooo
jerimandering for 1 minute 30 seconds afer that: OK!
jerimandering for 2 minutes afer that: FUCK! realized I had just agreed to move
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Mrs. Cusser is doing a national dog agility event right now, but only 8 miles from our house. Yesterday she went there twice to set up, starts today and runs through Saturday. Don't most of these people have jobs? Seems like most have these large RVs for travel and to keep Fluffy cool during the waiting periods. A high percentage of these participants are lesbians or never-married women, their dogs are their "children". And there are events pretty much every weekend, even Thanksgiving and Christmas, for many this is their whole life.

Anyway, Mrs. Cusser seems to have "the need" to tell me how many dogs are there, how many are border collies, only four cocker spaniels like hers. There is a team even and they named her team "Dogs without Borders" which I didn't understand was a joke about so many border collies there. Apparently border collies are fast and good at this, so if someone's life goal is to get a good showing, that's the dog they get.

Mrs. Cusser feels the responsibility to tell me about stuff like Snooker or Grand Prix there, and if the dog led into a jump with his left foot or right foot, like I would know the difference. I guess this fills her need to talk about something since the kids are "grown up" and have real jobs and don't live with us....I don't have the need to tell her what I did playing senior softball, and especially not what others there that she doesn't know did; I don't know the intricate details of their lives, their religions, their kids, their financial status, but she knows all this about all her friends and her friends' kids....

One good thing about certain bedtime activities is that some prevent her from talking....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
KingAir42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
And let me add this little story about fixing things -

I'm in the garage which adjoins the kitchen. My wife opens the door and says "The dishwasher is leaking everywhere!" I hear the dishwasher running so I tell her "Turn it off!"

I would have thought that would have been the first thing to do but I guess guys and girls are wired differently....

Too funny, and my wife filled the dispenser with hand soap. You know how that turned out.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

A few years back the house next to us had a pair of skunks under the front porch that brought out a litter every summer. They were a hoot to watch at dusk hunting dew worms on the lawn and apart from the odd disagreement with stray dogs over the garbage cans in the alley they really never bothered anyone.

Then our neighbor sold the place to a young couple with a Doberman. Shortly after in the twilight she spotted a "cat" on the front lawn and set the dog out the deal with it.

"What do I do?" She blubbered over the phone to her husband at work.

"The first thing to do," He said "is get that dog out of the house!"
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Just think when you get old you could turn your hearing aid down and not have to even hear two minutes of gibberish 😀 d'oh!
but then I wood have to listen to these sirens in my head.... Shame on you .and sometimes the release of all that pent up crapola that in reality means nothing....can mean a much better next week. no I dont have hearing aids,I just turn everything up real loud.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

My hearing is not bad enough to need hearing aids yet but I already have the sirens! Some days worse than others.

Or was that the wife again... Shocked
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

The married guys here will nod their heads, and relate 100%.

Mrs. Cusser went to the grocery store yesterday. I got home from being at my place up north on Monday afternoon, Mrs. Cusser shows me a 3-inch piece of clear plastic, and says "it broke off the refrigerator bin".

I open up the refrigerator and see where Mrs. Cusser has crammed a long hunk of celery into the crisper bin, was several inches too long so it couldn't close, and there's something not fitting in the right corner which broke off the corner of the acrylic/polysterene bin, either by trying to force it, or closing the door on it when the bin/drawer obviously was not closed properly, see un-staged photo below. By the way, she has busted this before, and replacement upper crisper bin in like $75 shipped, and the lower one is no longer available. And Mrs. Cusser is no dummy, has master's degree, but she sure gets pi$$ed off when she can't get things to work, that's for sure.

Why can't Mrs. Cusser EVER hang this chair correctly on the two hooks, so it doesn't hang down and rest on my VW Convertible????
Instead of this http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3215&d=1547749449.jpg

Like this; that's what the 2nd hook is for !!!!
http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3216&d=1547749473.jpg
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

My ex could break anything just by touching it. The custom shift knob on my bus was there for years and not once did it come loose on me while daily driving, but six blocks to the store and back .... "there's something wrong with the shifter". d'oh!

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

I've had to repair towel bars coming loose from the wall several times - not mine, but hers and the kids. When I asked if she was yanking down on the towel to get it off the towel rack, she assured me she wasn't. Well, another one came lose from the wall. And on the lower portion of the wall where the towel bar rests against the wall, it was indented - like a smile. I showed it to her and asked how the wall got indented - "I don't know." I had to remind her and the kids that you have to be gentle with things in life, including towel bars.

Now instead of fixing it, she wants it moved to the back of the door.

I think my family could tear up a steel marble.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Mrs. Cusser ruined the sheet linoleum squares in the bathroom of my old town house, because she'd get the floor soaking wet, ruined the adhesive. That floor had lasted 6 years fine before her, yet she claims not her fault. At least we have tile near the current shower.

Mrs. Cusser has backed up into at least 4 vehicles, 2 in parking lots and my 1979 Toyota truck (2 days after moving in 1988) and my 1998 Frontier. Apparently she doesn't turn her head when backing up "because dad told me just to use the mirrors", she sure knows the meaning of stubborn. Did I mention that she has backed into a giant saguaro cactus on the DRIVER'S side at least twice and broken mirrors ???

I replaced a burnt-out brake light for her yesterday, mentioned that I check mine about once a month. She asked how, I said to check reflection in vehicle behind her at a traffic light !!! And similar for turn signals.

And maybe Mrs. Cusser is just "really unlucky" with vehicles, as 95% of the on-road mishaps have been while she's driving, maybe she's just oblivious (Mark Tucker: look that up) to abnormal changes in sound, driveability, etc...
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

My wife backed into another car while depending solely on the back up camera. Car was less than a year old and she paid the owner 1000 dollars so as not to report the accident. There have been other automotive occurrences through the years but in the big scheme of things she has other redeeming qualities which outweigh the perceived negatives. The biggest thing though is she has put up with my shit for years so it’s a toss up. Maybe just to even it up I’ll give her the old Dutch oven treatment. Girls like that. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 31

Jump to: