Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Topic: "You married guys will understand this"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

To all the guys who haven't found the "right" wife yet... you will find her ... if YOU are the right husband but it won't happen until you are...

Is my wife perfect? Nope, but my Doctor says she is a good cook. Wink She has also give us 4 amazing children... now I need to train her to put the seat in the car back where she found it so I can get in behind the wheel with this big belly I have from her cooking!!

It's been a tough 42 years!! Very Happy
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

My wife of 38 years has been retired for a year now, taught Art for 27 years, she keeps busy w/ projects, going thru/ throwing out all her teaching stuff, making Quilts from fabric she's had for years, visiting the grandkids for weeks at a time. She still leaves 1/2 the driveway for me to shovel, and other "chores" that I usually do, but if that's the worst of it, I'll survive.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

I'd bet not one of you have trained your other half to put the toilet seat up have you?
Yeah, I didn't think so.. I haven't either 😕
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Mickey bitsko wrote:
I'd bet not one of you have trained your other half to put the toilet seat up have you?

No, and that's okay because I am at a point where I'd rather sit down to do either one.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
Mickey bitsko wrote:

No, and that's okay because I am at a point where I'd rather sit down to do either one.

Laughing Laughing
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Mickey bitsko wrote:

Nah, just install a spring-loaded seat that stays up unless you put it down... Wink

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
Mickey bitsko wrote:

Ditto.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Mickey bitsko wrote:

Nah, just install a spring-loaded seat that stays up unless you put it down... Wink

My solution was the soft-close seat/lid you just swat down silently.
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

I can't multitask. Standing, whizzing, & reading at the same time? I have to sit!
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

I can Multitask, I can Listen, Ignore, and Forget, all at the Same Time Wink Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:
I can't multitask. Standing, whizzing, & reading at the same time? I have to sit!

Yes, sitting you don't have to aim.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
I can Multitask, I can Listen, Ignore, and Forget, all at the Same Time Wink Laughing

Brilliant Applause

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
madmike wrote:

Brilliant Applause
they forgot: piss off, piss on, get pissed & piss it away. piss and moan,along with just pissing in the yard no aiming required. Wink were off to see the wizzard!!
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

My wife hate me pissin in the yard ,,, screw that ,,
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I live in the woods ,"Where the Bears shit" Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
My wife hate me pissin in the yard ,,, screw that ,,
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I live in the woods ,"Where the Bears shit" Laughing

sweet! but the rear 90 degree of the windo&door needs to be softened up a bit...like..graphed the front soft curve from another set of doors to the rear with a little finessing...lower it a bit ...more motor..more turbo...more tire...more bear. it's all quite easy to do from where Im sitten. Wink
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
My wife hate me pissin in the yard

I never thought to ask.
Given we have one bathroom, I figured I was being considerate.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

same here 59, one Bathroom Laughing
Mark, yea their is a curved piece that ya bonds to the door ,I tried to buy from BGW that make this kit, He what me to Buy his Catalog first Rolling Eyes refused to sell me the piece Confused asshat just wanted to sell the Book,,, sold that 68 it had a 'Hurst shifter' that Big tits Linda Vaughn autograft for me Cool Laughing
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

my59 wrote:
madmike wrote:
My wife hate me pissin in the yard

I never thought to ask.
Given we have one bathroom, I figured I was being considerate.

Before I was married I never knew:
...that the bed needed 27 little pillows on it
...that I had to stand back when opening a refrigerator or cabinet door so stuff wouldn't "jump" out at me
...that my clothes would be happier if I folded them
...that I was loading the dishwasher wrong
...that I should separate my clothes into colors instead of throwing everything together into the washer
...that I was using the "wrong" fork
...that I should set the table with a spoon even if nothing would be needing a spoon
...that I should take the paper towel roll from the kitchen when cleaning to leave the other person "high and dry"
...that she'd get mad when she asked, and I then responded "I've only slept with you - all the others kept me awake all night"

You married guys will understand this...
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

After I was married I knew:
That the bed needs only 2 pillows, which come in handy at times.
That the refrigerator serves as emergency AC.
That I am happiest with my clothes off.
That I needed to show the science of loading the dishwasher.
That I should let my wife do the wash.
That eating with my fingers is much more convenient.
That a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.
That licking my fingers does a better job than napkins or paper towels.
That making my wife "happy" keeps me "happy".
VWNate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject: "You married guys will understand this" (maybe) Reply with quote

I just finished reading this entire thread, some good stories here .

I'm another of those rare old guys who loves and cherishes his Sweet .

Yes she does & says things that piss me off but I do like her as well as love her .

I got a call from a childhood friend just after beginning reading this thread and mentioned the broken crisper drawers and he said "yep, I know that one" ~ WOW ! .

My sweet has never done anything like that .

One last Beetle : 1959 #113 DeLuxe survivor ~ 36HP & full synchro tranny, 6 volts etc.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: