Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EV_Update group
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: EV_Update group Reply with quote

I've heard several references to an "EV_Update" Yahoo Group over the past year or so. Decided to finally check into it today, rousing my old Yahoo login for the first time in quite a while, but was unable to find such a group. Is it still around? Deleted? Curious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wildenbeast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: EV_Update group Reply with quote

Here is the link you seek:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ev_update/info

You can have a digest sent to your email each day or search for topics. The format is definitely old school.
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: EV_Update group Reply with quote

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: EV_Update group Reply with quote

My experience with the Yahoo groups is that they are poorly monitored; there are several groups most of which never acknowledged my multiple requests to join.

Once you're in, it is super old school thread technology, I really don't understand why it remains the way it is. Not worth the time in my opinion.

Stick with the samba and vortex
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: EV_Update group Reply with quote

Interesting, I did eventually manage to get accepted to one of the EV Yahoo groups although I think it is NW camping and general topics related. These groups are moderated and require review to be accepted. None of the technical groups ever responded to my multiple requests to join. After plenty of attempts I've never once been able to find/access any useful technical information from the yahoo groups which is disappointing as I'm sure its hidden in there somewhere.

I've seen some activity recently from the board that did let me in discussing a low level of participation; its too bad these folks remain in seclusion in the archaic yahoo system (or maybe they don't). I'm sure they have a lot to offer; can't we all be friends? COME TO THE SAMBA Very Happy
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: EV_Update group Reply with quote

I echo those sentiments. My laziness waits for something better than tapatalk to arise someday, that would hopefully include message boards.
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: