Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fake CraigsList take down
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Fake CraigsList take down Reply with quote

I spotted an add on CL over the last few days.
It's for a 66 vert under the auto parts heading for $300 USD in Portland, Or.
I called the guy and he stated that it was a fake add that some jerk posted because the seller refused to sell him a car.

The faker posted a ridiculously low price for a car that is complete and stated that the seller does not have text messaging on his phone.

Can y'all help out and flag this fake add so this guy can have a bit of piece of mind?

Folks have been calling him at all hours and driving the victim to the brink of sanity.

Any help for this guy would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Fake CraigsList take down Reply with quote

If you the viewer check the little box for "prohibited" to the right of the reply tab the ad that ad will no longer be seen until the poster of that ad sorts it out with Craigslist.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Fake CraigsList take down Reply with quote

Post the link...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Fake CraigsList take down Reply with quote

busman78 wrote:
If you the viewer check the little box for "prohibited" to the right of the reply tab the ad that ad will no longer be seen until the poster of that ad sorts it out with Craigslist.

As far as I know, that only hides it from YOU.
It doesn't get pulled unless a bunch of people report it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Fake CraigsList take down Reply with quote

Not so sure for I have had several ads vanish, posted, received email of ad posting, then within an hour gone, somebody flagged them, nobody could see them. Logged in and the ads were now listed "flagged for deletion". Went through the BS to find out why which is not a lot of fun, found out that a person was flagging me cause they thought I was a business and was posting in the owners only section. Since then no flagging.

When you go to craigslist unless you log in you are nobody that is why scammers, crooks and other assorted low life's like it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Fake CraigsList take down Reply with quote

Ok, maybe I'll try that sometime.
I can't believe they would pull an ad from a single report?

I have seen people post links on here in the past to vehicle scam ads where they said they had already flagged it themselves. It was still up when I clicked on the link and I was able to flag it too.

I don't know how they handle things but I am sure there are more rules/triggers than I know of. It would not surprise me if they had different rules depending on the category used.
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Fake CraigsList take down Reply with quote

Could be, I do know that I will not go through all the hoops to find out why again, just wait a few days, re-word the ad and post again.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Fake CraigsList take down Reply with quote

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/d/vw-beetle-convertible/6379221256.html
It's still up. I have flagged this ad on 5 personal devices and 6 other computers at work.

I don't get the type that posts this kind of crap just because they didn't get their way with a seller that smelled something wrong with the transaction.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Fake CraigsList take down Reply with quote

Did a little looking.

From Craigslist main page - Help, Faq, Abuse, Legal
Bottom left - Miscellaneous - Contact Us
Scams, Spam, Flagging - I encountered a fraudulent posting or a scam
this will open a box, bottom right corner is a "Contact Us"
This opens a form that you can report what is happening, make sure to have a link to the ad to paste into the form.

I was wrong about flagging, it seems just the flagging does what Everette said, eventually enough Craigslist complaints may get the ad removed. The above goes directly to Craigslist for removal.
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Fake CraigsList take down Reply with quote

I've been a "victim" of this type of bullshit cocksucker move! Evil or Very Mad

The person whose number, car and info is being abused should contact greg's list and tell them flat out what's going on AND to pull the ad right away!!! Also, that he has already contact the proper authorities for a formal legal report and such. They will pull the ad with a quickness! Twisted Evil
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Fake CraigsList take down Reply with quote

I flagged it too - hope it helps
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: