Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Plastidip the ugly away
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Plastidip the ugly away, Reply with quote

That looks pretty good.

It looks a lot better at my clear coat spot sprays I did on my Beetle. Every time I saw a rust spot I gave it a little spray in hopes it would subdue the rust.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Royb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Plastidip the ugly away, Reply with quote

That’s great! I would happily fill up in Morgan Hill to get some bodywork done too! That must be one of those Sunset vans- the salty air there will eat anything.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Plastidip the ugly away, Reply with quote

That looks great, but not so great that you'll have a coniption fit every time you graze a tree limb. Love it.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
letsrig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Plastidip the ugly away, Reply with quote

Hey whafalia, how's the plastidip holding up? I'm thinking of doing this to my van. Any application tips?
whafalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Plastidip the ugly away Reply with quote

Sorry I missed your question letsrig! I haven't much attended to it for 3 1/2 years and still like it better than it was before. Here's the 15 foot tease,

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'll show up some more soon, some of it is pretty ugly,
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: