Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Diesel engine bars exploded view
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mighty Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Diesel engine bars exploded view Reply with quote

Not sure if I should have have just added this question to another thread. Is there an exploded view of how the carrier bars for a diesel mount up?
1985 that had a water boxer in it, finally doing a TDI swap. Not sure if it's just the brain fog from a long day laying on the frozen gravel or my brain getting foggier. Am i drilling new holes? Are there good measurements for this?
Thanks in advance for what I'm hoping is dumb question with an easy answer.
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel engine bars exploded view Reply with quote

You don't need to drill holes to mount the diesel bars.
Your van has 8 of the holes needed, 2 at each end of the bars.

For durability, the reinforcement plates that also include the last 2 holes should be added.

Sometimes the power steering reservoir bracket is welded in place and blocks the mounting of that bar end.

Mark
Mighty Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel engine bars exploded view Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the crazy fast reply. Still warming up then I'll head back out and take another look with fresh eyes. Looking for a pic or drawing on the web. Must be one somewhere.
Mighty Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel engine bars exploded view Reply with quote

Went back out with warm dry clothes and fresh eyes. Mystery solved. Thanks again crazyvwvanman. Armed with your advice and had to scape off some old under coating goo and it made sense.
Not sure how many times a guy has to learn the lesson that when your cold,hungry or tired It's often faster to just walk away from a problem and regoup. The solution is often waiting patiently for your return. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: