Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New on the forum, hello guys!
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincentimes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: New on the forum, hello guys! Reply with quote

I just joined and felt I had to introduce myself a bit to avoid looking rude. I do have a van with issues and I expect this forum to help me in the future. Here we go:

I live in the San Diego, CA area. I am fairly new in the camper/pop-top world since it's my first van. I bought it used in 2013 and we loved it so far. But it also gives us some headaches... often Wink . I try to do most of the maintenance myself, unless special heavy equipment is needed.

1993 Eurovan MV Weekender with 190,000mi

Besides transmission flush, shocks, ball joints, CV Shaft, radiator replacement and other fun things, the biggest headache was trying to fix a major coolant leak: the plastic tee (a.k.a. 023 121 174) located at the bottom of the cooling hose system was cracked and discontinued by VW. eBay sellers were asking $50-80 for a used one. I had to build myself a new tee, out of aluminum tubes welded together, for less than $35. Will last for life!
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, hello guys! Reply with quote

Vincentimes wrote:
The biggest headache was trying to fix a major coolant leak: the plastic tee (a.k.a. 023 121 174) located at the bottom of the cooling hose system was cracked and discontinued by VW

I can get you a brand new one for about $20.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vincentimes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, hello guys! Reply with quote

Well, it's too late but thank you.
Out of curiosity, where do you find them?
Itsamoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, hello guys! Reply with quote

Welcome!

As you're in SD, the best place to get your parts is, of course: http://europarts-sd.com
Vincentimes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, hello guys! Reply with quote

Oh yeah of course, I know them. Although I never ordered from them because I always found cheaper parts online, I keep them in my list. Wink

Regarding that plastic tee I was mentioning, they don't have it. Discountinued. http://europarts-sd.com/hosetee-large1992-1996.asp

That's why i'm really interested in knowing where Kawfee can get it, brand new, for $20.
BUGSTUFF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, hello guys! Reply with quote

Maybe here:

https://www.vwheritage.com/023121174-hose-connector-coolant-system-t4-90-12-95

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T4-Hose-Connector-Coolant-System-T4-90-12-95-023121174-/391463584818

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/verbinder-kuhlkreislauf-t4.html

Northeast IL VW Association - www.nivaclub.org
www.facebook.com/nivaclub
Volkswagen Club of America - www.vwclub.org
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, hello guys! Reply with quote

All great sources. I'll have some in stock in a bit for you folks if you need it.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vincentimes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, hello guys! Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, hello guys! Reply with quote

It sounds like your aluminum T is a great improvement over the plastic POS. You should make a bunch and sell them here.
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, hello guys! Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you can get a non-VW yet nearly identical/compatible tee at NAPA Auto or other auto parts store. I think there is a thread about it somewhere and as I recall a few years back when I had a 93 I also went this route (my post history from about 2yr back might have some links). It seems like the part was under $10.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: