Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestfaliaMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia? Reply with quote

I don' belong to any clubs, and have not seen one Westfalia in my area. I've seen a couple 7 passanger van's and thats about it. Chime in if you live in the Hampton Roads area and have either.
Schultzie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia? Reply with quote

Yes indeed there are a few of us in your area. We have a tin top, but there are certainly westies around here, too. There is an active VW owners club here also.
novws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia? Reply with quote

I lived in Williamsburg for a long time but moved away four years ago. There were several Westies there. There are also some in Richmond.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia? Reply with quote

My Westy was originally sold and lived in Virginia Beach (Princess Anne area) then moved to Portsmouth with owner #2, who later moved to Richmond where I bought the van. We've been back down there a couple of times. I thought there was a Tidewater VWs club, but perhaps it has disbanded.
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia? Reply with quote

Check out the Full Moon Bus Club website. They have quite a few members in the southeast area and have campouts through the year. If you are feeling cold the end of January, there is a great campout along the Suwannee River near Mayo Florida. Come on down.
furrylittleotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia? Reply with quote

Looks like you are in Beechwood. I grew up in Stonybrook. Not too many wWesties left there. Maybe try to go to a bugout in manassas or just do your own thing.

Neil2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WestfaliaMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia? Reply with quote

Anyone else out there?
Matt G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia? Reply with quote

This summer I saw one driving around Ft Eustis. In August/September there was another one on display at a repair shop on Warwick Blvd.
Good luck with the search.
'71 Bus
t3 kopf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia? Reply with quote

I just recently moved away from the Hampton roads area in September. There are a ton of westys of all types. Volkswagen club of Tidewater has a facebook page and they have monthly meetings at golden corral in VA beach. Look them up. There are multiple campouts all over the area. You also have Full Moon Bus Club which encompasses most of the VA, NC, SC, TENN, MD, PA area and have their own campouts. Trust me, if you haven't found other vanagon folks in Hampton Roads, then you haven't looked.
vwKind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia? Reply with quote

I'm in Suffolk off of 58. I've got an 82 Westy and usually working on one issue or the other. Today, bleeding the brakes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
simd0ggie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Any Westfalia's in Hampton Roads Virginia? Reply with quote

Facebook Group - Virginia Vanagons

"There are two possible outcomes: if the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.”
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: